Guide: How to do a factory reset on the Nokia Lumia 800
We take you through the steps required to reset your Nokia Lumia 800 to factory settings
In this quick guide we’re going to show you how to do a factory reset on you Nokia Lumia 800 Windows handset. Remember that this will erase all data on the phone, so ensure you backup anything vital before proceeding.
- From the main menu either swipe right-to-left on the touchscreen or press the right arrow button on the top right of the interface.
- Scroll through the icons until you get to the ‘Settings’ menu. Then, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Scroll down to the ‘About’ menu which should be second from the bottom. Tap it.
- Press the ‘Reset Your Phone’ button.
The phone will reset itself and return you to the main menu.
- Switch the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time.
- When the phone vibrates release the Power button but keep the Camera and Volume Down buttons held for a further five seconds.
The phone will now be reset.
Lumia 800 'Battery Pull'
If your phone has seized up but you don’t want to erase all the data it’s normal to try a ‘battery pull’ but this isn’t possible on the Lumia 800 since the battery isn’t accessible.
Instead, you can try the following method which does the same thing.
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Wait for the phone to pulse vibrate three times.
- The phone should now reboot.