How to do a factory reset on the Nokia Lumia 710
We show you how to perform a factory reset on your Nokia Lumia 710
In this guide we'll show you two simple ways of performing a factory reset on your Nokia Lumia 710.
Please note that once performed this is irreversable and you will lose all of your data. So if you're about to do one, make sure you back everything up.
- From the main menu either swipe right-to-left on the touchscreen or press the right arrow button on the top right of the interface.
- Scroll through the icons until you get to the ‘Settings’ menu. Then, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Scroll down to the ‘About’ menu which should be second from the bottom. Tap it.
- Press the ‘Reset Your Phone’ button.
The phone will reset itself and return you to the main menu.
- Switch the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time.
- When the phone vibrates release the Power button but keep the Camera and Volume Down buttons held for a further five seconds.
The phone will now be reset.
Lumia 800 'Battery Pull'
If your phone has seized up but you don’t want to erase all the data it’s normal to try a ‘battery pull’ but this isn’t possible on the Lumia 800 since the battery isn’t accessible.
Instead, you can try the following method which does the same thing.
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Wait for the phone to pulse vibrate three times.
- The phone should now reboot.