How to get a refund from the iTunes App Store
We show you the 'hidden' process of getting a refund from the App Store
It could happen to you - if you bought an app or product that doesn't work as described, or if you're using an app with bugs and the developer is no longer supporting it and want a refund, we've put together a simple guide to help you get your money back.
- First, open iTunes and select the iTunes Store link in the left-hand column
- Near the top right corner, click the arrow next to your user name (email address) and then select Account
- About half way down the screen, click the Purchase History button
- In the bottom portion of the screen, you will see your App Store purchase history -- click the Report a Problem button
- Locate the iTunes invoice with the application you would like a refund for, and click the Report a Problem link. If the app was bought a while ago, locate it in the Previous Purchases section and click on the expand arrow to bring up the Report a Problem link
- Fill out the form that follows and be sure to be as detailed as possible -- when finished, click Next
If your reason for requesting a refund is valid, Apple should respond within a few days and process your refund within a week. Remember to not abuse this process - when Apple refunds your money, the developer's commission is lost as well.
Update: Still confused? Check out this video
First published on our sister site Know Your Cell