Are you an Apple iPhone enthusiast? If so, you’re in the right place. This resource hub page is designed to house all of our iPhone news content in one place to make it easier for our readers to quickly find relevant iPhone information on KnowYourMobile.
Apple iPhone 15
The iPhone 15 is now well into its final development phase. Apple works on new models way in advance of them getting released, so by the time the iPhone 14 series went on sale Apple will have more or less finalized many aspects of its 2023 iPhone series, the iPhone 15.
iPhone 15 Leaks
What can we expect from the 15? How will it compare to the iPhone 14? Is there anything to look forward to with Apple’s 15 series iPhone range? Or will it be more of the same with a few slight tweaks here and there?
iPhone 15 Models
- iPhone 15 – The iPhone 15 will be Apple’s base model for 2023. It’ll be the cheapest phone in the range and will likely follow a similar design-style to the iPhone 14, meaning a 6.1in display. Expect things like Dynamic Island and potentially a third camera sensor to trickle down from the Pro models.
- iPhone 15 Plus – The iPhone 15 Plus might not even happen; Apple’s iPhone 14 Plus has not been popular with consumers – demand is weak apparently. If the iPhone 15 Plus does make an appearance in 2023, it’ll be the same deal, specs-wise, as the iPhone 15 just with a bigger display and larger battery
- iPhone 15 Pro – The iPhone 15 Pro will be Apple’s mid-range flagship model. It will pack in all the usual Pro features, stuff like Apple’s LiDAR sensor and Dynamic Island, as well as a host of new features and Apple’s latest A17 CPU.
- iPhone 15 Pro Max – The iPhone 15 Pro Max might be replaced by the iPhone 15 Ultra. If it isn’t, expect the iPhone 15 Pro Max to be much the same deal as the iPhone 15 Pro, just with a larger display, a bigger battery, potentially new storage options (up to 2TB) and more advanced camera/video abilities.
- iPhone 15 Ultra (Rumored) – The iPhone 15 Ultra is poised to be the most expensive, high-end iPhone ever produced. It could get a souped-up version of the A17, a more advanced camera module with 8K video, and it could very well be the first iPhone to ship with USB-C as standard. If it’ll do 8K video, you’ll definitely need USB-C, as Apple’s Lightning port simply does not cut it.
- iPhone 15 Flip (Highly Unlikely) – The iPhone 15 Flip is the wildcard, the phone that has been rumored for years. As it stands, Apple doesn’t appear to have any plans on releasing a foldable and/or flexible iPhone model. Why? Simple: Samsung’s been banging its head against this wall for years and it doesn’t have much to show for it. Bottomline? This phone is almost certainly not going to happen in 2023.
As ever, there will be multiple models including a potentially brand new, ultra-premium iPhone, as well as the usual base iPhone variants and Pro and Pro Max versions. There will also be a new chipset, potential changes to how Dynamic Island works, and perhaps even some design changes too.
Below is all the latest iPhone 15 news, so you can stay up to date with all the latest leaks and rumors ahead of the iPhone 15 launch and release date later on this year.
Latest Apple iPhone 15 News
- iPhone 15 Release Date & Specs: All The Latest Leaks In One Place
- What is The iPhone 15 Ultra? What The Leaks Say…
- Apple iPhone 15 Price: Standard, Pro, Pro Max & Ultra
Apple iPhone 14
Apple unveiled its highly anticipated iPhone 14 lineup during their September 7, 2022, event.
The series included the iPhone 14, Pro, and Pro Max, which became available both online and in stores on September 16. The iPhone 14 Plus followed suit and launched on October 7.
iPhone 14 Models Specs Comparison
|IPHONE 14||IPHONE 14 PLUS||IPHONE 14 PRO||IPHONE 14 PRO MAX|
|DISPLAY SIZE, RESOLUTION||6.1-inch OLED; 2,532×1,170 pixels||6.7-inch OLED; 2,778×1,284 pixels||6.1-inch Super Retina XDR, OLED display, 2,556×1,179 pixels||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR, OLED display, 2,796×1,290 pixels|
|PIXEL DENSITY||460 ppi||458 ppi||460 ppi||460 ppi|
|DIMENSIONS (INCHES)||5.78 x 2.82 x 0.31 in.||6.33 x 3.07 x 0.31 in.||5.81 x 2.81 x 0.31 in.||6.33 x 3.05 x 0.31 in.|
|DIMENSIONS (MILLIMETERS)||147 x 72 x 7.8mm||161 x 78 x 7.8mm||147.5 x 71.5 x 7.85mm||160.7 x 77.6 x 7.85mm|
|WEIGHT (OUNCES, GRAMS)||6.07 oz.; 172g||7.16 oz.; 203g||7.27 oz.; 206g||8.47 oz.; 240g|
|MOBILE SOFTWARE||iOS 16||iOS 16||iOS 16||iOS 16|
|REAR CAMERAS||12MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide)||12MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide)||48MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide), 12MP (telephoto)||48MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide), 12MP (telephoto)|
|VIDEO CAPTURE||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps|
|PROCESSOR||Apple A15 Bionic||Apple A15 Bionic||Apple A16 Bionic||Apple A16 Bionic|
|STORAGE||128GB, 256GB, 512GB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB|
|BATTERY||Undisclosed; Apple lists 20 hours of video playback||Undisclosed; Apple lists 26 hours of video playback||Undisclosed; Apple lists 29 hours of video playback||Undisclosed; Apple lists 29 hours of video playback|
|FINGERPRINT SENSOR||No (Face ID)||No (Face ID)||No (Face ID)||No (Face ID)|
|SPECIAL FEATURES||5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)||5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)||Dynamic Island; Always-On display; 5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)||Dynamic Island; Always-On display; 5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)|
|PRICE OFF-CONTRACT (USD)||$799 (128GB), $899 (256GB), $1,099 (512GB)||$899 (128GB), $999 (256GB), $1,199 (512GB)||$999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB), $1,499 (1TB)||$1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB), $1,599 (1TB)|
|PRICE (GBP)||£849 (128GB)||£949 (128GB)||£1,099 (128GB)||£1,199 (128GB)|
The iPhone 14 series is available in four models each with different storage options and ascending pricing (the higher the storage, the higher the cost).
The iPhone 14 started at $799, while the iPhone 14 Plus started at $899. The more advanced iPhone 14 Pro began at $999, and the top-of-the-line iPhone 14 Pro Max at $1099.
- Hole and pill-shaped cutout for the camera and sensor
- Upgraded front camera with autofocus instead of fixed focus
- A16 chip only available in the Pro models
- US models without a physical SIM card tray, but with eSIM technology for multiple numbers and data plans on a single phone
- Action Mode for smoother stabilization when taking videos
- Always-on display that goes dark when the phone is face down or in a pocket
- Super Retina XDR display twice as bright in the sun compared to previous models
- Emergency SOS feature via satellite for reaching emergency services even without Wi-Fi or cellular service
- Crash Detection that can detect severe car crashes and call emergency services while informing the user’s emergency contacts of their location.
Best iPhone 14 Deals
Latest iPhone 14 News
iPhone 14 Reviews
Apple iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 was Apple’s 2021 flagship phone. It launched with a raft of new features and specs, and it was the first iPhone since Apple’s switch to 5G to bring the iPhone’s battery life back in line with what it was on the iPhone 11 (translation: it is now very, very good once again).
If you’d like to know more about Apple’s iPhone 13 series of smartphones, you can check out reviews for the iPhone 13 range below:
iPhone 13 Reviews
Latest iPhone 13 News
What iPhone Should I Buy?
Choosing the right iPhone can be a daunting task, with so many options available in the market. It can be challenging to determine which one suits your needs and preferences the most. Here is a breakdown of some of the top iPhone models to help you decide which one you should buy.
For those who want the latest and greatest, go with the iPhone 14 – it’s the latest and greatest series and feature several models: iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
The iPhone 13 comes in four different models: the standard iPhone 13, the iPhone 13 Mini, the iPhone 13 Pro, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Latest iPhone Comparisons
The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini are excellent options for those who prefer a smaller phone. They come with the A15 Bionic chip, which provides exceptional speed and performance. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, on the other hand, offer a more advanced camera system and faster 5G connectivity.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, the iPhone SE might be the one for you. It features the A13 Bionic chip, which is the same chip used in the iPhone 11. It has a single-lens camera system and is available in three colors – black, white, and red.
Ultimately, the decision of which iPhone to buy comes down to your personal preferences and budget. Consider the features that matter most to you and choose the iPhone that best suits your needs, and if you need help with that check out this guide – it compares and contrasts all the current iPhone models.