Setting up Internet on the Sony K800i
The Sony Ericsson K800i can connect to 3G mobile Internet services offering broadband-like speeds. We show you how to set it up for Internet access
The Sony Ericsson K800i has 3G compatibility for connecting to high-speed mobile Internet services. This provides full HTML browsing for an Internet experience just like on your PC, allowing fast music track and video downloads and lets you make video calls to other people. You can also upload pictures to your blog or other websites and access your webmail accounts.
Setting Up 3G/GPRS Web Access
Your Sony Ericsson K800i might already be pre-loaded with settings for accessing your operator’s mobile Internet services, offering one-click access to their portal. If not, you can easily set up a mobile Internet account.
The K800i doesn’t allow you to manually enter your Internet settings but instead offers two quick and easy ways to download them: either on your phone or via a computer. First make sure you have a GPRS or 3G account.
To download settings via your phone:
- From the Standby screen press Menu then on the General tab.
- Scroll down to Setup Wizard and press Select.
- Choose Settings Download and press Continue.
- The settings will download automatically.
To download settings via a computer:
- Go to www.sonyericsson.com/support
- Select your region and country, then Phone Setup.
- Choose the Sony Ericsson K800i and then the settings to download to your phone.
To be taken to our Internet Settings page click here