Google Pixel Phone Sizes: A Simple Comparison Chart (ALL MODELS)
What’s the biggest Pixel phone? How have the sizes of Pixel phones changed over the years? How big is a Pixel 4 XL? All of these questions and more will be answered in full below…
Google Pixel phone series replaced the Nexus series in 2016. The Pixel series all come in slightly different specifications in terms of features and size.
This chart will provide you with an up-to-date comparison of all Google Pixel phone series and their differences in specs in terms of features and size.
Google Pixel Phone Size Comparison Chart
|Model||Display size (Inches)||Display Type||Dimensions||Release Date|
|Pixel 6 Pro||6.7||LTPO AMOLED||163.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm||26th Oct 2021|
|Pixel 6||6.4||AMOLED||158.6 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm||26th Oct 2021|
|Pixel 5||6.0||OLED||144.7 x 70.4 x 8 mm||20th Sept 2020|
|Pixel 4a||5.8||OLED||144 x 69.4 x 8.2 mm||20th August 2020|
|Pixel 4XL||6.3||P-OLED||160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2 mm||22nd October 2019|
|Pixel 4||5.7||P-OLED||147.1 x 68.8 x 8.2 mm||22nd October 2019|
|Pixel 3a XL||6||OLED||160.1 x 76.1 x 8.2 mm||15th May 2019|
|Pixel 3a||5.6||P-OLED||145.6 x 68.2 x 7.9 mm||15th May 2019|
|Pixel 3XL||6.3||P-OLED||158 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm||18th October 2018|
|Pixel 3||5.5||P-OLED||145.6 x 68.2 x 7.9 mm||18th October 2018|
|Pixel 2||5||AMOLED||145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm||17th October 2017|
|Pixel 2 XL||6||P-OLED||157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm||17th October 2017|
|Pixel XL||5.5||AMOLED||154.7 x 75.7 x 8.5 mm||20th October 2016|
|Pixel||5||AMOLED||143.8 x 69.5 x 8.5 mm||20th October 2016|
|Pixel C||10.2||LTPS IPS LCD||242 x 179 x 7 mm||8th December 2015|
Google Pixel Phone Sizes Breakdown
Here is a more in-depth breakdown of Google Pixel phone sizes from the most recent to the oldest:
Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro Size & Dimensions
The Pixel 6 measures in at 158.6 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm and it has a 6.4in AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate and support for HDR10+. The Pixel 6 Pro has a larger 120Hz LTPO AMOLED screen that measures 6.7in. The Pixel 6 Pro is also larger than the Pixel 6 with the following dimensions: 163.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm.
Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro: All The Updates
Pixel 6 Updates
- Display – The Pixel 6 runs the same OLED display as the Pixel 5. It’s a 6.4in 90Hz AMOLED panel and while it lacks plenty of the Pro’s specs and fizziness, for the asking price ($599) this is still a very good display. It is more than equal to what you get on Apple’s iPhone 13 and 13 Mini.
- Battery – The Pixel 6 runs a 4614 mAh battery and, like the Pixel 6 Pro, it supports 30W wired charging and 21W wireless charging. Google does not include a charger with either the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro, though, so you’ll need to buy a 30W charger in order to tap into its fast-charge abilities.
- Camera – Google has heavily updated the camera module on the Pixel 6 compared to what we got on the Pixel 5. The Pixel 6 runs a dual-lens camera module that is made up of a 50 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide) lens and a 12 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide). It doesn’t have lazer auto-focus like the Pixel 6 Pro, and it lacks the telephoto lens too, but for a $599 phone this is a very decent upgrade over the Pixel 5’s camera module.
- Fingerprint Sensor – Google has finally killed off the physical fingerprint scanner on its Pixel 6 range of phones. Both the Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro now use under-display fingerprint scanners. I don’t know how I feel about this; I really love the fingerprint sensor on the back of the Pixel 4a 5G and the Pixel 5.
- RAM – The Pixel 6 runs 8GB of RAM and is available in either 128GB or 256GB storage variants. Neither the Pixel 6 nor the Pixel 6 Pro feature SD support or a headphone jack.
- Colors – The Pixel 6 is available in the following color options: Sorta Seafoam, Kinda Coral, Stormy Black
Pixel 6 Pro Updates
- Display – The Pixel 6 Pro runs a 6.7in 120Hz 1440 x 3120 pixels display with HDR10+. The screen tech is LTPO AMOLED. This is the most advanced display Google has ever deployed on a Pixel phone. From its size to its refresh rate, the Pixel 6 Pro’s dwarfs the Pixel 5’s from 2020.
- Battery – The Pixel 6 Pro has a large display and it runs 5G, so it needs a large battery to keep everything running smoothly. Google has opted for a 4905mAh battery inside the Pixel 6 Pro with 30W Fast-Charging. Although, to take advantage of the 30W fast charge, you’ll need to buy a separate charger; Google does not include a charger in the Pixel 6 box.
- Camera Tech – Google has massively updated the Pixel 6 Pro’s camera module. The Pixel 6 Pro uses a triple lens camera module that runs a 50 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), a 48 MP, f/3.5, 104mm (telephoto), and a 12 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide). The camera supports 4x optical zoom, lazer auto-focus, and optical image stabilisation.
- Google Tensor – Google’s new Tensor CPU is jam-packed with AI and machine learning algorithms to make the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smarter than any other phone on the market. Tensor’s AI abilities extend to all areas of the phone, from live translation and voice typing, to its camera module for video and photo editing on the fly. Tensor even has things like Magic Eraser that removes unwanted things from images and video.
- CPU Performance – While Google’s Tensor CPU packs in plenty of special features and AI smarts, it likely won’t be as powerful as Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 or Apple’s A15 CPU. This shouldn’t be seen as a deal-breaker, however. Google’s Pixel phones have always been underpowered compared to the competition. And Tensor’s AI abilities should more than make up for the shortfall in performance.
- Android Updates – Google has confirmed that it will be offering five years of Android support to everyone that buys a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro. This means if you buy the Pixel 6 Pro in 2021, you’ll get Android updates until 2026. That is the best you’ll get in the Android market and it is nearing Apple’s industry-standard support. Not too shabby.
- RAM & Memory – The Pixel 6 Pro runs 12GB of RAM and is available in the following storage options: 128GB, 256GB and 512GB.
- Colors – The Pixel 6 Pro is available in the following color options: Cloudy White, Sorta Sunny, Stormy Black
Pixel 5 Size & Dimensions
The Pixel 5 measures in at 144.7 x 70.4 x 8 mm and it uses a 6in OLED display. The design of the phone is smart and understated. I’m a big fan too, having used one as my daily driver since it got a release date.
Google eschewed expensive CPUs for the Pixel 5 in order to keep the price down. The camera tech, however, was still very impressive – although the Pixel 6’s looks to up the ante considerably.
With respect to performance and battery life, the Pixel 5 has been one of the most consistent and reliable phones I have ever used. It is easily the best Pixel phone Google has released to date.
And this makes me very hopeful about the Pixel 6, a phone which should be utterly stunning once it arrives later this year.
Pixel 4a Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel 4a, announced on 3rd August 2020, is Google’s latest phone release. The phone has a power-efficient OLED capacitive touchscreen display with 16M colors, 5.8 inches screen size, and a high display resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels.
The device features an Octa-core processor made of 2 Kryo 470 Gold at 2.2GHz each, and 6 Kryo 470 Silver at 1.8GHz each, with an Adreno 628 GPU. Hence, it handles gaming and other demanding tasks easily, and it is powered by a Li-Po 3140 mAh, non-removable battery.
Google Pixel 4 XL Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel 4XL was announced on 15th October 2019. The device remains one of Google’s best-selling device. Pixel 4XL comes in 160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2 mm dimension with a P-OLED capacitive touchscreen of 16M colors, a screen size of 6.3, and a higher display resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels.
Additionally, the Google Pixel 4XL device features an Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485) processor, an Adreno 640 GPU for the smoothest gaming experience, a non-expandable ROM of 128GB, and 6GB of RAM, a 16MP dual back camera, and powered by a 3,700mAh Li-Po battery. This device has a price tag of $607.07.
Google Pixel 4 Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel 4 was announced on 15th October 2019. The device comes in a 147.1 x 68.8 x 8.2 mm dimension, with a power-efficient P-OLED capacitive touchscreen display of 16M colors for a brighter and more realistic color display, a high display resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels, a screen size of 5.7 inches, a 19:9 aspect ratio, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Also, it features an Octa-core processor made of 1 Kryo 485 at 2.84GHz, 3 Kryo 485 processors at 2.42GHz each, and 4 Kryo 485 at 1.78GHz, with an Adreno 640 GPU. Hence, it handles gaming and other demanding tasks easily, and it is powered by a Li-Po 2800 mAh, non-removable battery. The Google Pixel 4 phone comes with a price tag of $489.99
Google Pixel 3a XL Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel 3a XL was released in May 2019, five months earlier than Google Pixel 4. The device features a 160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2 mm dimension with an OLED capacitive touchscreen of 16M colors, a screen size of 6.0 inches, and a high display resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels with an 18:9 aspect ratio for a more interactive experience.
It is powered by an Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) processor, an Adreno 615, with a non-expandable ROM of 64GB, and 4GB of RAM, a 12MP dual back camera, and powered by a 3,700mAh Li-Po battery. The device has a price tag of $289.99.
Google Pixel 3a Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel 3a was released the same day with Google Pixel 3a XL, but both devices have slightly different specs, and Pixel 3a comes with a price tag of $339, a somewhat higher price than Pixel 3a XL.
The device has a smaller dimension of 151.3 x 70.1 x 8.2 mm compared with Pixel 3a XL; however, it uses the same OLED capacitive touchscreen of 16M colors, but with a higher display resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixels, a screen size of 5.6 inches, and a higher aspect ratio of 18.5:9.
While comparing both 3a and 3a XL, they have the same Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) processor Adreno 615 GPU. However, Pixel 3a comes with a non-expandable ROM of 64GB and 4GB of RAM, a 12MP dual back camera, and powered by a 3,000mAh Li-Po battery, a lesser battery power than the Pixel 3a XL.
Google Pixel 3 XL and Google Pixel 3 Size & Dimensions
Both devices were released simultaneously in 2018, but both are slightly different in dimension, screen resolution, battery capacity, and price tags. The Pixel 3XL has a 158 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm dimension, a P-OLED capacitive touchscreen of 16M colors, a screen size of 5.5 inches, and a 1440 x 2960 pixels display resolution with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio.
Pixel 3a has a similar OLED screen, but with a lower display resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels, a bigger screen size of 6.3 inches, and an aspect ratio of 18:9.
In terms of battery size, Pixel 3XL comes packed with a 3,430mAh battery power, while Pixel 3 is packed with a lesser battery power of 2,915mAh. Both devices are powered by the same Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) processor, and the same Adreno 630 GPU, and are adorned with the same 12MP rear camera type.
Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel 2 and its variant Pixel 2 XL were released at the same time in October 2017. However, both devices differ in screen size, dimension, display type and resolution, and battery capacity. Pixel 2 has a smaller dimension of 145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm, while its XL variant has a larger dimension of 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm.
Also, both devices feature different display technology. Pixel 2 uses an AMOLED screen display technology with 16M color and a screen size of 5.0 inches. Its XL variant features a P-OLED screen with 16M colors, a screen size of 6.0 inches, a higher resolution of 1440 x 2880 pixels, and an 18:9 aspect ratio.
Although the same type of octa-core processor powers both devices, they feature a wide disparity in price tag with Pixel 2 obtainable for $189.99. Its variant is available at a higher price tag of $254. This price discrepancy is accountable for XL’s higher battery capacity and more advanced display technology.
Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Size & Dimensions
Both Pixel and Pixel XL were Google’s first Pixel A-series. Google Pixel XL has a larger dimension of 154.7 x 75.7 x 8.5 mm, an AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors, a 5.5 inches screen size, and 1440 x 2560 pixels display resolution, with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
At $99.99, the device features a battery capacity of 3,450mAh. Google Pixel has smaller dimensions of 143.8 x 69.5 x 8.5 mm, an AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 16M colors, 5.0 inches screen size, and a display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, the same aspect ratio with its XL variant.
Both devices feature the same type of CPU Octa-core processor (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo), Adreno 530 GPU, similar storage, and similar camera features.
Google Pixel C Size & Dimensions
Google Pixel C is Google’s only tablet released since 2015. The device features similar dimensions with Apple’s iPad at 242 x 179 x 7 mm dimensions.
The device uses an LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors, a gigantic screen size of 10.2inches, and a display resolution of 2560 X 1800 pixels.
Other features and specifications are an 8MP back camera, 3GB RAM, 32/64GB ROM, and a high-capacity Li-Po battery of 9240mAh, the highest in Google’s Pixel series.