Guide: How to do a hard reset on the HTC Sensation XE
In this guide we'll explain how you can do a factory reset on your HTC Sensation XE
If your phone has a serious problem, or you want to sell it on, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset) to wipe the device.
Factory resets shouldn't be taken lightly as performing one will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, any applications you’ve downloaded and installed will be removed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
- From the Home screen, press the ‘Menu’ key.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘SD & Phone Storage’.
- Tap ‘Factory Data Reset’.
- Tap ‘Reset Phone’.
- Press ‘Erase Everything’ to confirm.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn your HTC Sensation XE on or access the settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on the device.
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then re-insert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.