How to sync the Samsung Galaxy S with iTunes
We show you how to sync your iTunes music collection with your Samsung Galaxy S
If you use iTunes for your music collecton, you can easily sync your tuned with your Samsung Galaxy S.
Here, we show you how to set up your computer to sync your Samsung Galaxy S with music from iTunes.
The first section details how to acquire a small piece of software called "iTunes Agent", that allows you to use your Galaxy S with iTunes on a Windows-based computer (we are assuming that you already have iTunes installed, and have an existing library of music).
Mac users can achieve the same results by installing a program called iTuneMyWalkman.
- Download and install iTunes Agent
- Once installed, the application runs in the system tray and monitors iTunes
- Plug the Galaxy S into your computer's USB port and mount it
- Create a folder on the mounted Galaxy S called Music
How to create a configuration for the Galaxy S in iTunes Agent's Preferences
- Right-click on the iTunes Agent icon
- Click Preferences
- Leave all defaults checked and click the New button
- Give the device a name (Galaxy S in this case)
- Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
- Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the Galaxy S
- Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the Galaxy S
- Click Save and then Close
How to add music to your Galaxy S
- Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the Galaxy S
- Simply drag the music you wish to synchronise from your iTunes library to your Galaxy S into this playlist
- Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices
Music is now copied to your Samsung Galaxy S and can be played using the Galaxy S's Music application.