User Guide: How to connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace as a mass storage device
This guide will explain how to connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace to a PC to transfer files
You can connect your device to a PC as a removable disk and access the file directory.
If you insert a memory card in the device, you can also access the file directory of the memory card by using the device as a memory card reader.
The file directory of the memory card will appear as a removable disk, separate from the internal memory.
- If you want to transfer files from or to a memory card, insert a memory card into the device.
- Using a USB-to-micro-USB data cable, connect the micro USB jack on your device to a PC.
- A pop-up should appear on your phone interface.
- Select ‘USB connected’.
- Select ‘Turn on USB storage’.
- Tap ‘OK’.
- Open the folder to view files.
- Copy files from the PC to the memory card.
- When you are finished, select ‘Turn off USB storage’.
To disconnect the device from the PC, click the USB device icon on the Windows task bar and click the option to safely remove the mass storage device, then remove the PC data cable from the PC.
Otherwise, you may lose data stored on the memory card or damage the memory card.