How To Delete A POF Account (The #1 Simplest Method)
Decided it’s time to close your Plenty Of Fish (POF) account? We’re here to help. In this guide, we’ll show you EXACTLY how to delete your POF account once and for all!
As the title of the online dating service suggests, there are indeed plenty of fish in the sea, and indeed, there are plenty of dating services to choose from too.
It’s not unusual for people to use more than one at once before settling on a preferred platform. There are many reasons why you might quit a dating platform.
Perhaps you have met your match and it’s time to close the dating chapter of your life. Or perhaps you’ve simply had enough of the online dating scene and prefer the old-school method of meeting people out there in the world.
Plenty of Fish Delete Account: How It’s Done…
- Fortunately, closing a POF account is quite easy. You have to do it in your web browser by logging in to the site.
- Then, either head to the site’s HELP page and click “Delete Account”
- Once that’s done you’ll need to fill in a quick survey to explain why you’re leaving.
- As with deleting other account-based services, it can take a little time for the deletion to be completed. Once it is done, however, you can’t reactivate your old account.
Should You Delete Your Plenty of Fish Profile?
The most common reason for people deleting their POF accounts is because they find the app a bit creepy and/or full of weirdos. I used POF back in the day and found it deeply inferior to both Tinder and OK, Cupid.
POF was sold in 2015 to Match Group, the company that owns Match.com and also OK Cupid and Tinder. Match Group paid $575 million for Plenty of Fish and quickly set about developing the platform.
POF was redesigned completely, new features were added, features very similar to Tinder, and the net result was a much better user experience – the old design was terrible, so this was a welcome change.
Is Plenty of Fish Really Free?
The big USP of POF is that it is free to use. Tinder and OK Cupid are free to use too, but to access more advanced features – and get more matches – you need to pay for premium memberships.
POF doesn’t do any of this; you can use all of its features for absolutely nothing. With a free POF account, you can do the following things inside the platform:
- Create a profile
- Add 8 photos on your profile
- View other member’s profiles
- Send messages to other members
- Receive messages from other members
POF does offer a paid membership too, and this is what you get with a paid Plenty of Fish membership:
- You can upload not just 8, but 16 images to your dating profile! The more images, the more potential to spark a conversation from
- Unlock extended profiles of other members. Extended profiles dives a little deeper sharing new facts about your match!
- See whether your messages have been read/deleted by the receiver
- Show up on the feature MeetMe ahead of the rest, your profile is moved up to the top of the pack
- No ads, your experience will be Ad-free with your upgraded membership
- Check out who viewed your profile down to the date and time they viewed it
- Send three gifts per day
- Stand out in all searches
- See who wants to “Meet” you from the Meet Me feature
- Access to Username Search
Best Alternatives To POF?
If you left Plenty of Fish because you didn’t like it, don’t be put off by online dating apps – POF is the creepiest of them all, anyway.
Tinder is a great alternative and is now, arguably, significantly bigger the Plenty of Fish. We have an entire guide to everything you need to know about Tinder, as well as how to get more dates on it.
Another solid option, especially for women, is OK, Cupid.
According to a lot of my female friends, OK Cupid is a much nicer place to interact with the opposite sex.
There are fewer creeps lurking around on it, basically. And the people on it seem more focused on finding partners for relationships than one-night things. If that sounds more like your pace, make sure you check it out.
If you want to use a dating site that is more focused on helping people find long-term relationships, the best platform is eHarmony – it has been around the longest, over 20 years, and more of its members get married than any other dating site on the market.