I have an iMac and the most annoying thing about it is how often I have to switch the batteries in the keyboard and mouse. It costs a fortune in batteries and, for the most part, is just plain annoying.
Engineers at Logitech clearly experienced something similar and set about creating a keyboard that will run on nothing except light. That’s right: the Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard runs on light, not batteries and this means you’ll never have to recharge it.
The Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard is available for both Mac and Windows. And do not be fooled by the name, the Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard will recharge itself from any light source, including light bulbs.
Here’s a breakdown of its key specs and features:
- Solar-powered keyboard: No battery hassles – any light source keeps your keyboard charged for at least three months in total darkness
- Only 1/3-inch thick: Ultra-thin design adds sleek style to your workspace
- Feel-good typing: Logitech-only concave key cap design for faster, quieter, more comfortable typing
- Powerful 2.4 GHz wireless: Enjoy a reliable connection using a tiny Logitech Unifying receiver that stays in your computer
- System Requirements-Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or macOS. Light source from sunlight and/or indoor lighting
The keyboard will constantly recharge itself whenever the lights are on, meaning it will never run out of juice. I had never even heard of such a thing for PC peripherals until this morning when I was growing Amazon.
I promptly ordered one and I will report back with my findings in due course. It’s rare that I just up and buy something like this, but the reviews for the Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard are great and the price is too good to miss.