If you’re looking to compare iPhone models to find out which is the best iphone to buy, you’re in the right place. Here’s all the latest models and variants compared and analysed
Table of Contents
Apple iPhone 14
Apple unveiled its highly anticipated iPhone 14 lineup during their September 7, 2022, event.
The series included the iPhone 14, Pro, and Pro Max, which became available both online and in stores on September 16. The iPhone 14 Plus followed suit and launched on October 7.
iPhone 14 Models Specs Comparison
|iPhone 14||iPhone 14 Plus||iPhone 14 Pro||iPhone 14 Pro Max|
|Display size, resolution||6.1-inch OLED; 2,532×1,170 pixels||6.7-inch OLED; 2,778×1,284 pixels||6.1-inch Super Retina XDR, OLED display, 2,556×1,179 pixels||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR, OLED display, 2,796×1,290 pixels|
|Pixel density||460 ppi||458 ppi||460 ppi||460 ppi|
|Dimensions (Inches)||5.78 x 2.82 x 0.31 in.||6.33 x 3.07 x 0.31 in.||5.81 x 2.81 x 0.31 in.||6.33 x 3.05 x 0.31 in.|
|Dimensions (Millimeters)||147 x 72 x 7.8mm||161 x 78 x 7.8mm||147.5 x 71.5 x 7.85mm||160.7 x 77.6 x 7.85mm|
|Weight (Ounces, Grams)||6.07 oz.; 172g||7.16 oz.; 203g||7.27 oz.; 206g||8.47 oz.; 240g|
|Mobile software||iOS 16||iOS 16||iOS 16||iOS 16|
|Rear cameras||12MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide)||12MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide)||48MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide), 12MP (telephoto)||48MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide), 12MP (telephoto)|
|Video capture||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps||HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps|
|Processor||Apple A15 Bionic||Apple A15 Bionic||Apple A16 Bionic||Apple A16 Bionic|
|Storage||128GB, 256GB, 512GB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB|
|Battery||Undisclosed; Apple lists 20 hours of video playback||Undisclosed; Apple lists 26 hours of video playback||Undisclosed; Apple lists 29 hours of video playback||Undisclosed; Apple lists 29 hours of video playback|
|Fingerprint sensor||No (Face ID)||No (Face ID)||No (Face ID)||No (Face ID)|
|Special features||5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)||5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)||Dynamic Island; Always-On display; 5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)||Dynamic Island; Always-On display; 5G enabled; MagSafe; water resistant (IP68); wireless charging; dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM)|
|Price off-contract (USD)||$799 (128GB), $899 (256GB), $1,099 (512GB)||$899 (128GB), $999 (256GB), $1,199 (512GB)||$999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB), $1,499 (1TB)||$1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB), $1,599 (1TB)|
|Price (GBP)||£849 (128GB)||£949 (128GB)||£1,099 (128GB)||£1,199 (128GB)|
The iPhone 14 series was available in four models with different storage options, each starting at a specific price.
The iPhone 14 started at $799, while the iPhone 14 Plus started at $899. The more advanced iPhone 14 Pro began at $999, and the top-of-the-line iPhone 14 Pro Max at $1099.
- Hole and pill-shaped cutout for the camera and sensor
- Upgraded front camera with autofocus instead of fixed focus
- A16 chip only available in the Pro models
- US models without a physical SIM card tray, but with eSIM technology for multiple numbers and data plans on a single phone
- Action Mode for smoother stabilization when taking videos
- Always-on display that goes dark when the phone is face down or in a pocket
- Super Retina XDR display twice as bright in the sun compared to previous models
- Emergency SOS feature via satellite for reaching emergency services even without Wi-Fi or cellular service
- Crash Detection that can detect severe car crashes and call emergency services while informing the user’s emergency contacts of their location.
iPhone 14 Comparisons
- iPhone 14 vs iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 vs iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro vs iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro Max vs Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
iPhone 14 Reviews
- iPhone 14 Review – Our detailed overview of Apple’s entry-level iPhone 14. The review covers key upgrades and updates, new features and specs, and who the iPhone 14 is designed for. Spoiler: if you’re running an iPhone 13, this model is NOT for you.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max Review – The iPhone 14 Pro Max is Apple’s biggest and most expensive phone. It comes with a raft of changes, both to the design with things like Dynamic Island, and its camera module. It also has Apple’s brand new A16 CPU too.
iPhone 14 Deals
Here’s a selection of some of the best iPhone 14 deals on the market right now curated by the KYM team. Save up to $1000 on selected iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models using the links below.
Apple iPhone 13
On September 14, 2021, Apple unveiled its much-anticipated iPhone 13 series, which includes the iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
These models hit the shelves on September 24, 2021, and have since received rave reviews from consumers and tech experts alike.
At first glance, the iPhone 13 series continues Apple’s tradition of sleek design and unparalleled user experience. The new lineup features a smaller notch, allowing for more display area, and a repositioned Face ID system.
iPhone 13 Models Specs Compared
|iPhone 13||iPhone 13 Pro||iPhone 13 Pro Max||iPhone 13 Mini|
|Screen size||6.1 inches||6.1 inches||6.7 inches||5.4 inches|
|Resolution||2532 x 1170 pixels||2532 x 1170 pixels||2778 x 1284 pixels||2340 x 1080 pixels|
|Height||5.78 inches||5.78 inches||6.33 inches||5.18 inches|
|Width||2.82 inches||2.82 inches||3.07 inches||2.53 inches|
|Depth||0.29 inches||0.31 inches||0.30 inches||0.26 inches|
|Weight||6.14 ounces||7.19 ounces||8.46 ounces||4.97 ounces|
|Case material||Aluminum||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Aluminum|
|Other features||OLED, HDR||OLED, HDR, ProMotion, always-on display||OLED, HDR, ProMotion, always-on display||OLED, HDR|
|CPU||A15 Bionic chip with 6-core CPU (2 high-performance cores and 4 efficiency cores)||A15 Bionic chip with 6-core CPU (2 high-performance cores and 4 efficiency cores)||A15 Bionic chip with 6-core CPU (2 high-performance cores and 4 efficiency cores)||A15 Bionic chip with 6-core CPU (2 high-performance cores and 4 efficiency cores)|
|Rear camera||Dual 12MP Ultra Wide and Wide cameras||Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras||Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras||Dual 12MP Ultra Wide and Wide cameras|
|Front camera||12MP TrueDepth camera||12MP TrueDepth camera||12MP TrueDepth camera||12MP TrueDepth camera|
|Storage options||128GB, 256GB, 512GB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB||128GB, 256GB, 512GB|
Apple also introduced new colors for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini, which now come in Pink, Blue, Midnight, Starlight, and (PRODUCT)RED.
Under the hood, the iPhone 13 series is powered by the A15 Bionic chip, offering a significant performance boost over its predecessor.
This advanced chipset delivers faster processing speeds, improved energy efficiency, and enhanced machine learning capabilities. Coupled with Apple’s iOS 15 and later iOS 16, the iPhone 13 series packed in plenty of new features and abilities, including widgets and a new always-on display and lockscreen.
Main Updates & Key Features
- One of the most significant upgrades in the iPhone 13 series is the camera system. The iPhone 13 and 13 Mini boast a dual-camera setup with a new 12MP Wide sensor and a 12MP Ultra-Wide sensor.
- In contrast, the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max are equipped with a triple-camera configuration, which includes a 12MP Wide, 12MP Ultra-Wide, and a 12MP Telephoto lens.
- The Pro models also feature ProRAW and ProRes video recording capabilities, catering to professional photographers and videographers.
- Battery life is another area where the iPhone 13 series shines. Apple has managed to increase battery life across all models, with the iPhone 13 Mini lasting 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Mini, and the iPhone 13 lasting 2.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12.
- The iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max also see significant improvements, with the Pro lasting 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Pro, and the Pro Max lasting 2.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
iPhone 13 Comparisons
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro Max: What’s The Difference?
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro: Which is Best For You?
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 13: The 5 MAIN “Differences” Explained
iPhone 13 Reviews
iPhone 13 Deals
Older iPhone Models
Because of Apple’s legendary support for its iPhones, quite a few users tend to run older models – or, hold on to older models for longer periods of time.
Case in point: there are still plenty of iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 users that are perfectly happy with their phones. And because these models, the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12, will get iOS updates until well into the late-2020s, they’re also great options to buy too.
Older iPhones models like the iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 12 are a lot cheaper than newer models like the iPhone 14 and iPhone 13, even more so if you buy them refurbished.
Older iPhone Model Reviews
Let’s now breakdown the iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 series, looking at reviews for the phones themselves as well as comparisons of the iPhone models inside each series.
iPhone 12 Reviews
iPhone 12 Comparisons
- iPhone 12 Pro vs iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini vs. iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Reviews
iPhone 11 Comparisons
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone XR
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini vs iPhone 11