How to set-up your new iPhone 4
We show you how to set-up your new iPhone 4
If you've never owned an iPhone 4 before then you might be a little unsure of how to set it up correctly.
If so, check our guide below that'll take you through the all important initial steps of how to set up your iPhone 4 correctly:
- First you'll need to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer, whether it's a Mac or a PC. You can download the newest version of iTunes here.
- Next, connect your new iPhone 4 to your computer using the USB cable.
- When the computer detects your iPhone 4, you should be presented with instructions to register the iPhone 4. Follow these all the way through to ensure your iPhone 4 works with all the available features.
- You'll also get options to sync music, photos, bookmarks and contacts and calendar entries from your computer onto your iPhone 4. In the Set Up Your iPhone screen, click yes to ensure you have everything synced to your iPhone.
- You can now choose whether you want everything synched to your computer automatically when you plug your iPhone 4 in, or whether you'd like to manually sync your iPhon 4e. These options can be changed later on using the iPhone status screen in iTunes.