How to register your iPhone
So you've just bought your new shiny iPhone. Now what to do? We show you how to register it so you can use it
If you've just bought your iPhone and are struggling to work out how to make it work, look no further.
So it's not as easy as simply turning a phone on as you would do with any other phone on contract, but it's easier with our step-by-step guide.
- First you'll need to make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer, whether it's a Mac or a PC. You can download the newest version of iTunes here.
- Next, connect your new iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
- When the computer detects your iPhone, you should be presented with instructions to register the iPhone. Follow these all the way through to ensure your iPhone works with all the available features.
- You'll also get options to sync music, photos, bookmarks and contacts and calendar entries from your computer onto your iPhone. In the Set Up Your iPhone screen, click yes to ensure you have everything synced to your iPhone.
- You can now choose whether you want everything synched to your computer automatically when you plug your iPhone in, or whether you'd like to manually sync your iPhone. These options can be changed later on using the iPhone status screen in iTunes.