There are many reasons you’d want to screen record on iPhone: to show off an app, for your YouTube channel, or for a how to guide like this article.
This feature, while not exactly common, is something A LOT of people want to do.
Thankfully, Apple has you covered – since iOS 11, actually – so performing a screen record on any iPhone is super simple! Here’s how it’s done.
How To Screen Record on iPhone
- Add Screen Record to Control Center (go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls > Tap the + icon next to Screen Recording.
- Open up Control Center by swiping down from the top of your screen (for iPhone X or later) or by swiping up from the bottom of your screen (for iPhone 8 or older)– Screen Recording should be there now; it’s a circular symbol that’s grey/black.
- To Screen Record, simply press the icon (it should turn red).
- After you press the icon a Start Recording prompt will appear. Below this, you’ll see an option to record with the microphone on or off. Tap the microphone icon to toggle audio capture on and off. If you select ON, it will record the audio in the room (such as your voice).
- Now tap “Start Recording. There will be a three-second countdown so you can get the screen ready for what you want to record. You’re now recording what’s going on inside your iPhone’s display.
- To stop Screen Recording, simply tap the icon again (or the red status bar at the top of your iPhone’s display).
Where Do My iPhone Screen Recordings Save?
You will find all your screen recordings inside the Photos App.
Once you’re done recording and you’ve stopped recording, simply navigate to your Photos app, and you should find your new recordings that can now be edited and shared online.
Why Do People Screen Record?
There are a million and one reasons why people use this feature on their iPhones, but one of the most popular is to show off in-game footage, which can then be shared on social media.
Another popular reason is tutorials; you can show people how to do things on iPhone by using this feature.
It’s a really handy feature that is now baked inside iOS for all to enjoy, so if you’re running an iPhone with iOS 11 or above, why not give it a try and see what you can come up with?
Who knows, this could be the start of your next YouTube channel and internet stardom!?
Unlock The ENTIRE Web. Access Streaming Services Anywhere. Say Goodbye to Censorship & Restrictions.