Okay, so it isn’t strictly news, as such, but we found the list of ten interesting Angry Birds facts published on the Daily Telegraph’s website an interesting read, so we thought we would share them with you.
With these facts, you will undoubtedly be the Angry Birds trivia king. Perhaps.
- Angry Birds was made by a team of four people and took eight months to finish because it was such a low priority for the company.
- The game cost less than £70,000 to make.
- Angry Birds fans include public figures as diverse as David Cameron, Paul Gascoigne, Kylie Minogue, Conan O’Brien and Jon Hamm, Mad Men’s Don Draper.
- It has sold more than seven million copies on Apple’s iPhone.
- An Angry Birds Facebook game is coming in 2011.
- Rovio Mobile developed more than 50 games, with relatively little success, before finally striking gold with Angry Birds.
- The Angry Birds beta for Android hit more than one million downloads in three weeks.
- Twenty different Angry Birds toys will be released early in 2011.
- Peter Vesterbacka, Rovio’s official spokesman, has the job title ‘Mighty Eagle’.
- Speaking of unusual titles, one of Rovio’s game testers was nicknamed the ‘Rovio Killer’ because he was so bad at their games.