A new feature on the Nokia 6500 lets you add your favourite contact to the top of your SMS Add recipient menu, bringing your best friend or partner a few clicks closer.
When you write a new message (click the left navigation key if your phone is set up with Create message as its shortcut, otherwise go to Menu > Messaging > Create message), highlight the To: field and click Add to open the Add recipient page. The first item on the list should be . To add your own favourite, follow these instructions:
- Highlight and click Options
- Highlight Define favourite and click Select
- If your favourite contact is already in the Contacts list*, highlight Contacts and click Select
- Highlight the name of the contact in the Contacts list and click Select. You’ll see the message ‘Favourite added’.
Now the next time you go to add a recipient for a text message, your favourite will be right up there on top of the list.
To change your favourite contact:
- Open the Add recipient page, highlight the favourite and click Options
- Highlight Replace and click Select
- Highlight Contacts* and click Select
- Highlight the name of the new favourite contact and click Select.
*If your new favourite isn’t already in your Contacts list, highlight New number and click Select at this point, enter a name and number for your new contact, highlight Save, and the contact will be added to the Contacts list and the favourite slot simultaneously.