Having Maps and a 3G connection on your phone is an absolute blessing. Not only does it mean that you’ll never get lost again, but it also helps you to find places of interest near-by as well, such as shops, bars, restaurants and cafes.
Using maps on your Orange San Francisco is extremely simple. However, if you’re device (for some reason) doesn’t have Google Maps pre-loaded on it, simply go over to the Android Market and download it – don’t worry it’s free!
Once you’ve got it downloaded, follow these steps:
Open Google Maps.
Wait for it to establish a connection.
- To get your location, go into Menu and select ‘My Location’ – a blue dot should appear on the map. That’s you!
- To get directions to somewhere, go to options, select ‘Get Directions’
- Select your ‘Start Point’ – either you GPS postion, or an address.
- Then, select an ‘End Point’
- Select the method of travel you’re using: Car, Public Transport or Walking
- Click ‘Get Directions’
- After a short pause your Directions will be displayed, select the ‘Show on Map’ option to see it plotted out on a Map.