Having an Android 2.1-powered Orange San Francisco handset has many benefits, and one really cool one is the ability to sync your device with iTunes.
So, with these easy steps you can now sync all your iTunes music with your Orange San Francisco.
First you’ll need to get “iTunes Agent” – an app that allows you to use your San Francisco with iTunes on a Windows-based computer (we are assuming that you already have iTunes installed, and have an existing library of music).
Mac users can achieve the same results by installing a program called iTuneMyWalkman.
- Download and install iTunes Agent
- Once installed, the application runs in the system tray and monitors iTunes
- Plug the San Francisco into your computer’s USB port and mount it
- Touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, and drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane
- Tap on USB Connected, and select Mount
- Create a folder on the mounted San Franciso called Music
The second section, below, details how to create a configuration for the San Francisco in iTunes Agent’s Preferences.
- Right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray
- Click Preferences
- Leave all defaults checked and click the New button
- Give the device a name (San Francisco in this case)
- Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
- Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the San Francisco
- Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the San Francisco
- Click Save and then Close
The final section explains how to add music to your San Francisco.
- Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the San Francisco
- Simply drag the music you wish to synchronise from your iTunes library to your San Francisco into this playlist
- Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices
Music is now copied to your San Francisco and can be played using the San Francisco’s Music application.