Sometimes typing is a bit of a pain. Thankfully, the good people at Google have come up with an alternative in the form of text-to-speech. What text-to-speech does is allow you to dictate your emails, messages and web searches instead of typing them.
To set-up text-to-speech follow these steps:
- On the homescreen, press the Menu hardware key
- This should take you to the Menu, now select Settings
- Scroll down to the text-to-speech section and select it
- Click “install voice data”
- Once you’ve select this, you’ll be taken to a Set up wizard-type thing.
- Move through the steps by clicking ‘Next’ – please note: you’ll need to have a Google Account for this
- Once you’ve signed-in and it’s installed the voice data click Accept when you come to Android market Terms and Conditions
- You should now be taken straight to the application. Click on it to download
- Open the App
- Done – you know have speech-to-text capabilities