How To Delete Tinder
Had enough of Tinder, or simply met someone and no longer need your account? Either way, if you’re here reading this article, we’re guessing you’re looking to delete your profile.
But hold up! Simply deleting the app won’t do the job.
I mean, sure, you won’t be using it any more and maybe that’s enough for you – but if you really want to delete it, you know, so that you’re not actually still on there being swiped by other people (maybe your new partner’s friend might see you, and that could be a problem), you need to follow these steps.
- Unlike many other dating and social media applications, you can actually delete your Tinder account from inside the Tinder app on your phone.
- In the Tinder app, tap on the Settings panel.
- Then tap App Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Delete Account.
- This should be confirmed with a message that says “Account successfully deleted.“
Note that if you subscribed to the premium Tinder Plus service, your subscription will still be active even if you delete your account. You need to cancel your subscription via email. To find out how to do this, click here.
In addition, and this is something a lot of other guides gloss over, its a good idea to unlink your Instagram account from your Facebook account.
- To do this, open your Facebook page in a web browser and navigate to your profile’s Settings page.
- From the list on the left of the page, find and click on “Apps and websites.“
- In the “Active” panel you should see a list of applications that are linked to your Facebook profile. Tinder should be in here, click on “View and edit” in its panel.
- Here you can choose to unlink Tinder from your Facebook profile.
Michael GrothausApple expert and novelist, Michael Grothaus has been covering tech on KnowYourMobile for the best part of 10 years. Prior to this, he worked at Apple. And before that, he was a film journalist. Michael is a published author; his book Epiphany Jones was voted as one of the best novels about Hollywood by Entertainment Weekly. Michael is also a writer at other publications including VICE and Fast Company.
Can’t Upload Pictures To Tinder? How To Fix It & Get More Matches
There’s a bug with Tinder that can prevent photo uploads and this will stop you getting potential matches. This is how you fix that particular bug...
In Review – SilverSingles: Best Dating App For Over 50s?
When it comes to online dating, most apps focus on younger users. But SilverSingles goes the opposite way – it's designed for the over 50s.