Amazon’s Fire TV Stick has proven immensely popular with consumers. Created in the wake of Google’s Chromecast, Amazon’s Fire Stick TV is basically the same deal as Chromecast – just with Amazon’s services at its core (and a dedicated UX and remote control).
We’re big fans of the Fire Stick TV here at KYM, but the new version, which is now available, improves things drastically with the inclusion of Alexa, which is Amazon’s uber-smart AI that you’ll find inside its Echo and Dot products.
The ALL NEW Amazon Fire Stick TV is now available and it includes the following specs and features:
- Alexa skills and over 7,000 apps, games and Alexa skills, including Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, YouTube, and more.
- Launch apps and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Plus, play music, search for local restaurants and more. Just ask.
- 8 GB of storage and 1 GB of memory for apps and games, a quad-core processor, plus 802.11ac Wi-Fi for fast streaming and smooth performance.
- Easily find what you want to watch with search results from Netflix, Amazon Video, Prime Video, and other third-party apps.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes. Plus, two million songs with Prime Music.
- Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug your Fire TV Stick into a TV’s HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi and continue watching.
- Play current favourites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen.
But the real good news here is that Amazon has updated ALL existing Fire Sticks to support Alexa. This means even if you’re running a first-generation Amazon Fire TV Stick, you will still be able to use Alexa once you’ve downloaded the update.
If you don’t have a remote with your Fire TV Stick, don’t fret – you can still use Alexa with it; you just have to download the Fire TV app to your Android or iPhone.
“Not only are we shipping a new Fire TV Stick – a faster and more powerful successor to our fastest-selling UK device ever – we’re also rolling Alexa out to every single Fire TV device in the UK,” said Jorrit Van der Meulen, vice president of Amazon Devices International.
“This will allow millions more customers to access Alexa, meaning they can get answers to questions, use Alexa skills, manage their smart home, or even find things to watch and control playback, just by asking.”
Beyond this, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is also one of the best mediums to run Kodi through, making the device a very good investment for any home. I have a couple in my house; one downstairs and one in my office.
The all-new Fire TV Stick is now available for £39.99 direct from Amazon. And those with Prime can get free, next day delivery.