The Samsung Omnia HD i8910 is a sophisticated touchscreen S60 smartphone with numerous features and applications to employ and enjoy – including email.
The Samsung Omnia HD i8910 is geared up to handle regular email, so you can receive messages from your normal accounts with attachments, reply to messages and forward email. You can also as compose new messages and add attachments from files on the phone or memory card.
The Omnia HD i8910 has a Wizard onboard to help you through the essentials for tapping in account details. You can input details for POP3 email accounts, which covers most web-based email and accounts from internet service providers.
You’ll need a few extra details, alongside your email address and password (see below), though you may be able to find them on the Know Your Mobile list here. Alternatively, you can get them from your email provider – they’ll usually be available on their website
Details you’ll need first…
Email address – Your full email address.
Password – Your usual email password
Incoming (POP3) server – If it’s not in our table of server settings, your email provider will be able to supply this and you’ll usually find their details on their website
Outgoing (SMTP) server – This will depend on which mobile phone network you use. See our table of server settings for details.
Setting up email
- From the homescreen, press Menu (Figure 1).
- In the main menu, press Messaging (Figure 2).
- In the Messaging menu, press Options (Figure 3).
- Scroll down the screen to the Settings option (Figure 4). Press to select.
- In the Settings menu, press E-mail twice to select (Figure 5).
- Press Mailboxes (Figure 6).
- In the Mailboxes menu, press Options (Figure 7).
- Press New mailbox (Figure 8).
- A message appears informing you that a wizard will take you through the set up (Figure 9). Press Start.
- From the list, select the type of mailbox type you want to use – in this example, POP3 (Figure 10). Press Next.
- In the My e-mail address screen (Figure 11), press the black panel.
- Type in your email address (Figure 12). Press the green tick button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Back in the My e-mail address screen, press Next (Figure 13).
- You must now input the name of the incoming mail server (Figure 14). This is the address of the POP3 incoming server for your email account. You can find some details listed here, or get them from your email provider (you should be able to find them on its website).
- Press the black panel onscreen to select the text input option. As before, type in the address and press the green tick button to return to the Incoming mail server screen (Figure 15). Press Next.
- Now input the name of the outgoing mail server (Figure 16). This address will depend on which mobile phone network you use. See our table of server settings here for details or get them from your mobile network’s website.
- Press the black panel onscreen to select the text input option. As before, type in the address and press the green tick button to return to the Outgoing mail server screen (Figure 17). Press Next.
- Select the internet access point you want to use with your email, or use the default connection option (Figure 18). Press Next.
- You can now name your new mailbox (Figure 19). Press the black panel onscreen to select the text input option. Type in the you want to assign and press the green tick button to return to the Mailbox name screen (Figure 20).
- Press Finish.
- A message appears confirming that your new mailbox has been set up (Figure 21). Press OK.
- Initially, when you set up your mailbox, you will be asked: Connect to mailbox? (Figure 22). Press Yes.
- You must now input your email account user name and password in the panels onscreen (Figure 23). Press the Mailbox user name panel to get to the text input screen and type in your user name (usually the bit in your email address before the ‘@”). When finished, press the green tick button to return to a completed user name panel (Figure 24)
- Press the Password panel. Type in your email account password. When finished, press the green tick button.
- When you’ve typed in both Mailbox user name and Mailbox password (Figure 25), press OK.
- You are asked whether you want to save your password to the mailbox settings (Figure 26). If you do, press Yes.
- Select your internet connection type by pressing one of the options onscreen (Figure 27). You will then be connected to your mailbox and your emails headers will be downloaded to the phone (Figure 28).
- Highlight and press to select any emails you wish to open (Figure 29).
- The email will be downloaded, with any attachments (Figure 30).
- You can reply to emails by pressing the arrowed @ button in the bottom left of the screen, or forward it by pressing the arrowed @ button in the bottom centre of the display. Tap the screen to bring up he text input numberpad onscreen.
- in the list of emails in your mailbox, you can similarly reply by pressing the arrowed @ button in the bottom left of the screen, or compose a new message by pressing the @ with pen icon in the centre bottom of the display.
Further email settings can be adjusted to suit your requirements by pressing the Options button and scrolling down the extensive list of options.