Does The iPhone 13 Come In Pink? Yes, But There’s A Catch…
Apple has brought back pink for its iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, but if you want a pink iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone Pro Max, you’re bang outta luck…
Pink iPhone: Key Takeaways:
- Pink’s Popularity: Current trends in fashion and design industries show a resurgence in the popularity of the color pink. This color, symbolizing positivity, compassion, and modern femininity, has made its way from clothing and interiors to tech gadgets, cars, and branding efforts.
- iPhone 13’s Pink Hue: Apple’s iPhone 13 has embraced this trend with its pink variant, reflecting the color’s broad appeal and the cultural shift towards it.
- Apple’s History with Pink: Apple is no stranger to pink. The iPhone 5C in 2013 had a vibrant pink version, and the iPhone 6S in 2015 brought a more muted “Rose Gold” to the table. These were precursors to iPhone 13’s more distinct pink.
- Strategic Color Choices: Apple’s decision to bring back a bolder pink aligns with its history of aligning product design with prevailing cultural trends.
- Limitations of Pink: The pink color is exclusive to the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini. Those interested in the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max won’t find a pink option.
- Pro Models’ Color Palette: The iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max come in distinct colors, including graphite, gold, silver, Sierra Blue, and the newly introduced Alpine Green.
And in 2023, the iPhone 13 – including the pink option – is now significantly cheaper. If you’re looking for a bargain, you’ll want to check out these massive price reductions.
In the ever-evolving world of technology, Apple’s iPhone 13 has made a splash not just with its advanced features but also with its vibrant color palette, notably the entrancing pink variant. This shade isn’t just a mere addition to the lineup; it’s a nod to the resurgence of pink in popular culture and consumer preferences.
The Pink Renaissance: The iPhone 13’s Trendsetting Hue
Recent data from fashion and design industries indicates a renewed interest in pink, often associated with themes of positivity, compassion, and contemporary femininity. This color trend isn’t confined to clothing or interior design; it’s permeating tech gadgets, automobiles, and even branding campaigns. The iPhone 13’s pink iteration is a nod to this cultural shift, and its popularity underscores the color’s widespread appeal.
Historically, Apple has dabbled with pinkish hues in its iPhone lineup. The iPhone 5C, launched in 2013, featured a bright pink variant, while the iPhone 6S in 2015 introduced a subtler “Rose Gold” option. Both these shades were well-received, but they were precursors to the bolder and more definitive pink of the iPhone 13.
The choice to reintroduce pink, especially in a more pronounced shade, is not arbitrary. It aligns with Apple’s knack for tapping into prevailing cultural currents.
No Pink For iPhone 13 Pro Models
There was also plenty of online chatter about a pink iPhone 13 prior to launch. Apple likely didn’t listen to any of this, it seldom does, but when the iPhone 13 was officially launched, Apple confirmed that it would be available in pink, alongside the other iPhone 13 colors: blue, midnight, starlight, and Product Red.
But there is one issue for anyone that wants a pink iPhone 13. You’re limited to the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Mini. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max ARE NOT available in pink; instead, Apple retails its Pro models in the following colors: graphite, gold, silver, and Sierra Blue.
iPhone 13 Pro Colors
When Apple introduced the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, it added some new colors, with the latest being Alpine Green – that color was launched during Apple’s March 2022 event, where it unveiled the new Mac Studio desktop computer.
With the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, you have several colors to choose from, as you can see below:
iPhone 13 Pro Max Colors
- Alpine Green (New Color)
- Sierra Blue
The iPhone 13 is available in more color options. You can get a full rundown of all the hues currently available inside our iPhone 13 Color Guide – it covers all the color options currently available as well as images of what they look like in action.
Why no pink iPhone 13 Pro? I honestly have no idea. Apple usually runs two color schemes for its standard and Pro model iPhones. It has done this for years now, so it is no surprise that the Pro models are available in different colors from the standard iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini.
Usually the standard – cheaper models – are more colorful because they’re, well, cheaper and not used by people that Apple views as “pros” – the 13 and the 13 mini are the “peoples’ phone” while the Pro and Pro Max are designed for more discerning, professional types.
Thinking about picking up an iPhone 13? Can’t decide between the Pro, Pro Max, or the iPhone 13? Here’s a quick breakdown of how they’re different and all the changes Apple brought to the iPhone 13 line-up.
iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone Pro Max Updates List
- All of Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro models feature new 120Hz Super Retina XDR screens with improved brightness (up to 1000nits).
- The iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max are available in the following colors: graphite, gold, silver, and a new light blue.
- All three cameras have been updated inside the iPhone 13 Pro lineup; you have better low light performance, thanks to larger sensors, a wider aperture for the ultra-wide lens, and 3x zoom for the telephoto lens. Night Mode is now supported on all three lenses too.
- The 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max now feature a new macro lens that’ll let you shoot objects from just 2cm away. All of Apple’s Pro models now feature sensor-shift optical image stabilization.
- The Pro models also get Cinematic mode but will also benefit from Apple’s new ProRes technology. You can film in 4K up to 30fps with the iPhone 13 Pro models and, with ProRes, a higher quality video format, you can then edit in more detail after footage has been filmed.
- All iPhone 13 Pro models get an extra tier of storage, 1TB – this is likely down to its use of ProRes.
- Apple has improved the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro’s battery life; the iPhone 13 Pro will last 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Pro, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max will last 2.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Check out our detailed iPhone 13 Pro Max Buyer’s Guide – it covers everything you need to know before you pull the trigger on one.
iPhone 13 Resource Hub 📚
Here’s some of our most helpful content related to the iPhone 13. If you’re looking to buy one, the in-depth guides and reviews below should help: