Apple’s newest iPhone is the iPhone 11. Apple introduced the iPhone along with a “Pro” variant, which has better cameras and OLED screens. However, the regular iPhone 11 is sure to appeal to people too, who want a low price point and a dual-lens camera.
But the iPhone 11 won’t be Apple’s most entry-level model. The company is also keeping its two-year-old iPhone 8 on sale. So how do the two compare? Let’s take a look.
iPhone 11 vs iPhone 8 Quick Comparison
- iPhone 11 – The iPhone 11 has the same 6.1in display of the iPhone XR and features Apple’s biometric authentication system called Face ID. Its industrial design features a glass and aluminium body and comes in a wide range of six color options, including a new green model.
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone 8 has a 4.7in display and features Apple’s original biometric authentication system called Touch ID, which uses your fingerprint instead of your face to unlock your phone. Its industrial design features a glass and aluminium body and comes in a wide range of three color options.
Winner? iPhone 11 – The iPhone 11 blows the iPhone 8 out of the water with its modern design.
- iPhone 11 – The iPhone 11 features an edge-to-edge LCD display that is 6.1in and has a 1792 x 828-pixel resolution at 326ppi.
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone 8 features an LCD display that is 4.7 and has a 1334 x 750-pixel resolution at 326ppi.
Winner? iPhone 11 – That edge-to-edge display can’t be beat.
- iPhone 11 – the iPhone 11 features the A13 chipset. This A13 is a 7nm chip with 6 cores, which is absolutely INSANE.
- iPhone 8 – the iPhone 8 features the two-year-old A11 chipset, which is about 40% slower than the A13.
Winner? iPhone 11 – The A13 is 40% faster than the A11.
- iPhone 11 – The iPhone 11 features a 12MP front-facing camera. But on the rear camera you get a dual-lens 12MP rear camera complete with a wide-angle and telephoto lens and dual optical zoom. It also supports advanced photo features like portrait photography.
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone XR features a 7MP front-facing camera. On the rear camera you get a single-lens 12MP camera complete with a wide-angle lens.
Winner? iPhone 11 – That dual-lens puts the single-lens to shame.
- iPhone 11 – 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB
- iPhone 8 – 64GB or 128GB
- iPhone 11 – The iPhone 11 Pro’s battery will get you about 18 hours of battery life with mixed usage. It also features wireless charging.
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone 8’s battery will get you about 13 hours of battery life with mixed usage. It also features wireless charging.
Winner? iPhone 11 – You get an extra five hours of battery life.
- iPhone 11 – The 6.1in iPhone 11 costs £729 (64GB) and £779 (128GB) and £879 (256GB).
- iPhone 8 – The 4.7in iPhone 8 costs cost £479 (64GB) and £529 (128GB).
The winner here is the iPhone 11–by a long shot. It features that improved dual-lens rear camera system with a 12MP wide-angle and telephoto lenses, optical image stabilisation, optical zoom, and 4K video recording. It also features support for improved night photography–not to mention a better 12MP front camera.
Combine that with the A13 chips in the iPhone 11, which is 40% faster than that in the iPhone 8 and the extra five hours of battery life, the iPhone 11 beats the iPhone 8 hands down. That’s not even to mention the design of the iPhone 8 looks archaic compared to the all-screen design of the iPhone 11.
Another option worth considering, however, is picking up a newer
iPhone 11 vs iPhone 8: Specs
Here are the specs for the iPhone 11:
- Display: 6.1in LCD Liquid Retina display with a 1792 x 828-pixel resolution at 326ppi
- Dimensions: 150.9mm x 75.7mm x 8.3mm
- Weight: 194 grams
- Storage: 64, 128, or 256GB
- Processors: A13 Bionic chip with third-generation Neural Engine
- Front camera: 12 MP TrueDepth camera with 4K video recording at up to 60 fps
- Rear camera: Dual 12MP Ultra Wide and Wide cameras with Night mode; 4K video
- Battery: Up to 18 hours (video playback)
- Other: Face ID, NFC, wireless charging, IP68 waterproof (2m)
And here’s the specs for the iPhone 8:
- Display: 4.7in LCD Retina HD display with a 1334 x 750-pixel resolution at 326ppi
- Dimensions: 138.4mm x 67.3mm x 7.3mm
- Weight: 148 grams
- Storage: 64 or 128GB
- Processors: A11 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Front camera: 7MP FaceTime HD camera with 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Rear camera: Single 12MP Wide camera; 4K video
- Battery: Up to 13 hours (video playback)
- Other: Touch ID, NFC, wireless charging, IP67 waterproof (1m)