iPhone 11 Pro vs iPhone 8–How Do They Compare?
Apple’s newest flagship phones have just been unveiled. This year the flagship will be known as the iPhone 11 Pro. There are two models of the Pro series–the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
But Apple is also keeping the older iPhone iPhone 8 on sale for another year–and giving it a price drop. So just how does the two-year-old iPhone 8 compare to the new iPhone 11 Pro? Let’s take a closer look at the smaller of the phones below.
iPhone 11 Pro vs iPhone 8 Quick Comparison
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone 8 has a 4.7in display and features Apple’s original biometric authentication system called Touch ID, which uses your fingerprint instead of your face to unlock your phone. Its industrial design features a glass and aluminium body and comes in a wide range of three color options.
- iPhone 11 Pro – The iPhone 11 Pro comes with a 5.8in OLED display. It features Apple’s biometric authentication system called Face ID. The textured matte glass and stainless steel design make it an absolutely gorgeous phone. And this year their glass back will feature a matte finish.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro – The iPhone 11 Pro with its matte glass back and steel frame steals the show.
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone 8 features an LCD display that is 4.7 and has a 1334 x 750-pixel resolution at 326ppi.
- iPhone 11 Pro – The iPhone 11 Pro features an edge-to-edge OLED display that is a 5.8-inch edge-to-edge OLED display with a 2436×1125-pixel resolution at 458ppi.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro – Without a doubt, the iPhone 11 Pro wins the day here thanks to its OLED display.
- iPhone 8 – the iPhone 8 features the two-year-old A11 chipset, which is about 40% slower than the A13.
- iPhone 11 Pro – the iPhone 11 Pro features the blazing A13 chipset.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro – The A13 is 40% faster than the A11.
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone XR features a 7MP front-facing camera. On the rear camera you get a single-lens 12MP camera complete with a wide-angle lens.
- iPhone 11 Pro – The iPhone 11 Pro features a 12MP front-facing camera. But the rear camera is a triple-lens system with a 12MP wide-angle, ultra wide-angle, and telephoto lens, triple optical image stabilisation, optical zoom, and 4K video recording. It too also supports advanced photo features like portrait photography and night mode.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro – That triple lens puts the single lens to shame.
- iPhone 8 – 64GB or 128GB
- iPhone 11 Pro – 64GB, 256GB, or 512GB
- iPhone 8 – The iPhone 8’s battery will get you about 13 hours of battery life with mixed usage. It also features wireless charging.
- iPhone 11 Pro – The iPhone 11 Pro’s batteries will get you about 18 hours of battery life with mixed usage. It also features wireless charging.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro – You get an extra five hours of battery life.
- iPhone 8 – The 4.7in iPhone 8 costs cost £479 (64GB) and £529 (128GB).
- iPhone 11 Pro – The 5.8in iPhone 11 Pro costs £1049 (64GB), £1199 (256GB), or £1399 (512GB).
2019’s iPhones are clearly all about the camera. Give that, it’s clear the winner here is the iPhone 11 Pro. It features that sweet triple lens rear camera system with a 12MP wide-angle, ultra wide-angle, and telephoto lenses, triple optical image stabilisation, optical zoom, and 4K video recording. There’s just no way the single-lens system on the iPhone 8 can compete.
The iPhone 11 Pro also features an OLED display, versus the iPhone 8’s LCD display. This means your screen is just going to look better on the 11 Pro. The iPhone 11 Pro is also 40% faster than the 8 thanks to its A13 processor. The iPhone 11 Pro wins thanks to it camera, display, and better industrial design.
Another option worth considering, however, is picking up a newer
iPhone 11 Pro vs iPhone 8: Specs
Here are the specs for the iPhone 11 Pro:
- Display: 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina XDR display with a 2436 x 1125-pixel resolution at 458ppi
- Dimensions: 144.0mm x 71.4mm x 8.1mm
- Weight: 188 grams
- Storage: 64, 256, or 512GB
- Processors: A13 Bionic chip with third-generation Neural Engine
- Front camera: 12 MP TrueDepth camera with 4K video recording at up to 60 fps
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto cameras with Night mode; 4K video
- Battery: Up to 18 hours (video playback)
- Other: Face ID, NFC, wireless charging, IP68 waterproof (4m)
And here’s the specs for the iPhone 8:
- Display: 4.7in LCD Retina HD display with a 1334 x 750-pixel resolution at 326ppi
- Dimensions: 138.4mm x 67.3mm x 7.3mm
- Weight: 148 grams
- Storage: 64 or 128GB
- Processors: A11 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Front camera: 7MP FaceTime HD camera with 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Rear camera: Single 12MP Wide camera; 4K video
- Battery: Up to 13 hours (video playback)
- Other: Touch ID, NFC, wireless charging, IP67 waterproof (1m)