iPhone 11 Pro Max vs Pixel 4 – The Flagships Face Off!
Apple has unveiled its newest flagship phones for 2019. This year the flagship will be known as the iPhone 11 Pro. There are two models of the Pro series–the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Google’s newest phone is the Pixel 4. As with the iPhone 11 Pro Max, the Pixel 4 comes in a “Max” variant called the Pixel 4 XL, which has a larger display. So now that Apple and Google both have their 2019 flagships out, how do the two compare? Let’s take a look at the iPhone 11 Pro Max versus the Pixel 4.
iPhone 11 Pro Max vs Pixel 4 Quick Comparison
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – The iPhone 11 Pro Max comes with a 6.5in OLED display. It features Apple’s biometric authentication system called Face ID. The textured matte glass and stainless steel design make it an absolutely gorgeous phone. And this year their glass back will feature a matte finish.
- Pixel 4 – The Pixel 4 has a 5.7in OLED display and features the company’s “Face Unlock” biometric authentication system. Its industrial design features a metal frame and back rubber body and comes in a wide range of three color options: black, white, or orange.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro Max – The iPhone 11 Pro Max blows the Pixel 4 out of the water with its modern textured matte glass and stainless steel design. A rubber back, Pixel 4? Really?
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – The iPhone 11 Pro features an edge-to-edge OLED display that is 6.5in and has a 2688 x 1242-pixel resolution at 458ppi.
- Pixel 4 – The Pixel 4 features an OLED display that is 5.7 and has a 2280 x 1080-pixel resolution at 444ppi.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro Max – Both phones feature an OLED display, but the iPhone 11 Pro Max’s is bigger and has better resolution.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – the iPhone 11 Pro Max features the A13 chipset. This A13 is a 7nm chip with 6 cores, which is absolutely INSANE.
- Pixel 4 – the Pixel 4 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, which is about 50% slower than the A13.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro Max – The A13 is almost twice as fast as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – The iPhone 11 Pro Max features a 12MP front-facing camera. But the rear camera is a triple-lens system with a 12MP wide-angle, ultra wide-angle, and telephoto lens, triple optical image stabilisation, optical zoom, and 4K video recording. It too also supports advanced photo features like portrait photography and night mode.
- Pixel 4 – The Pixel 4 features a 8MP front-facing camera. On the rear camera you get a dual-lens 12.2MP (wide) and 16MP (telephoto) camera. It also records 4K video.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro – Its triple-lens system is much better than the dual-lens found on the Pixel 4. With the iPhone 11 Pro, you get an ultra-wide angle lens in addition to the wide and telephoto round on the Pixel 4.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – 64GB, 256GB, or 512GB
- Pixel 4 – 64GB or 128GB
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – The iPhone 11 Pro’s battery will get you about 20 hours of battery life with mixed usage. It also features wireless charging.
- Pixel 4 – The Pixel 4’s battery will get you about 13 hours of battery life with mixed usage. It also features wireless charging.
Winner? iPhone 11 Pro Max – You get an extra seven hours of battery life.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – The 6.5in iPhone 11 Pro Max costs £1149 (64GB) and £1299 (256GB) and £1499 (512GB).
- Pixel 4 – The Pixel 4 costs £669 (64GB) and £769 (128GB).
Like it’s junior, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is clearly all about the camera–and screen size. Give that, it’s obvious the winner here is the iPhone 11 Pro Max. It features that sweet triple-lens rear camera system with a 12MP wide-angle, ultra wide-angle, and telephoto lenses, triple optical image stabilisation, optical zoom, and 4K video recording. There’s just no way the dual-lens system on the Pixel 4 can compete.
The Pixel 4 does feature a cool bit of tech called Motion Sense that lets you navigate common phone tasks, like scrolling web pages, just by waving your hand in front of the phone. A good example of when you might do this is when you’re reading a website while eating lunch.
However, the Pixel 4’s design and face authentication system pales in comparison to the iPhone 11 Pro Max’s. So overall, the iPhone 11 Pro Max seems like the winner–at least if you prefer iOS to Android 10. If not, the Pixel 4 is the best Android phone Google has ever made and a good choice for Android fans who want the “pure” Android experience.
Another option worth considering, however, is picking up a newer
iPhone 11 Pro Max vs Pixel 4: Specs
Here are the specs for the iPhone 11 Pro Max:
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED Super Retina XDR display with a 2688 x 1242-pixel resolution at 458ppi
- Dimensions: 158.09mm x 77.8mm x 8.1mm
- Weight: 226 grams
- Storage: 64, 256, or 512GB
- Processors: A13 Bionic chip with third-generation Neural Engine
- Front camera: 12 MP TrueDepth camera with 4K video recording at up to 60 fps
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto cameras with Night mode; 4K video
- Battery: Up to 20 hours (video playback)
- Other: Face ID, NFC, wireless charging, IP68 waterproof (4m)
And here are the specs for the Pixel 4:
- Display: 5.7in OLED display with a 2280 x 1080-pixel resolution at 444ppi
- Dimensions: 147.1mm x 68.8mm x 8.2mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Storage: 64 or 128GB
- Processors: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Front camera: 8MP camera with 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Rear camera: Dual 16MP (telephoto) and 12.2MP (wide) camera; 4K video
- Battery: Up to 13 hours (video playback)
- Other: Face Unlock, Motion Sense, NFC, wireless charging, IP68 waterproof (2m)