You’re not just limited to SMS text messaging to comunicate on the LG Crystal GD900. The handset features an easy to set up and use email aplication meaningyou can get almost PC-based experiences on your mobile.
Here’s how to set up and use both POP3/IMAP email accounts and web-based accounts:
- From the homescreen, tap the menu icon situated on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Scroll to Message settings on the Settings menu (Figure 1).
- Select Email (Figure 2) and then Email Accounts (Figure 3).
- Select Add Account (Figure 4).
- Confirm that you want to set up a new account (Figure 5).
- Select Microsoft Exchange (Figure 6).
- Fill in all the details required, plus specify which information you want your phone to be synched with and select continue (Figure 7).
- When asked to update your inbox, select yes and your email will be set up (Figure 8).
- Follow instructions 1-5 for setting up a Microsoft Exchange email address.
- Select Others (Figure 6).
- Enter your email address and password (Figure 9).
- Select Continue.
- Enter your account username and your account will be set up.
- When asked, confirm you want to update your inbox (Figure 8).
How to retrieve email on Microsoft Exchange and web-based services
- From the homescreen, click on the bottom right hand icon to access the menu.
- Scroll along on the top communication bar to find Email icon.
- Select the email account you want to retrieve email for.
- Tap the menu icon and select retrieve new (Figure 10).
- Any new emails will then appear in your inbox.
To write an email, simply select the account you wish to send an email from and tap the blue bar which says Write Email. Create the email and tap send.