The LG Optimus 2X runs on Android and although it’s a pretty table OS, there may come a time when the device crashes. After all,it is a mini computer.
If you do find your phone crashes, you can follow our step-by-step instructions to find out how to hard reset your device.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the LG Optimus 2X as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If that doesn’t work, or if your phone is frozen:
- Turn the power off. If your LG Optimus 2X is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Home and Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the LG Optimus 2X. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.