The LG Viewty Smart GC900 features Google Maps preinstalled, making it easy for you to navigate your way around.
The device also features GPS so you can find your location a lot faster than just using the network (triangulation).
Heres how to find a Point of Interest (PoI) and navigate your way to it.
- First, fire up the Google Maps application which you’ll find in the Google Suite of applications (Figure 1).
- When asked whether it’s OK for Google to find information about your location, click allow (Figure 2).
- Accept the terms and conditions when asked (Figure 3).
- You will then be presented with a map (Figure 4).
- To search for a destination, tap on Search (Figure 5).
- Input the Point of Interest, for example ‘hotel’ (Figure 6).
- You will be presented with a number of results (Figure 7).
- Select one of the PoIs and you’re presented with options to call the destination or get directions to it (Figure 8).
- Select find directions and you are asked to enter the starting point. Enter this and then you’ll be given directions from your starting point to Point of Interest (Figure 9).
- You can view these directions on a map (Figure 10).
- You can zoom in and out by tapping the + and – icons (Figure 11).
- If you want to see your route in aerial mode, select Satellite View (Figure 12 and 13).