Sony Xperia Z up for pre-order in UK
The uber-pricy Sony Xperia Z is now available for pre-order in the UK
The Sony Xperia Z is now up for pre-order in the UK.
Costing £529 SIM-free, the Xperia Z is pretty pricy but Sony is attempting to lessen the blow by bundling in a pair of £299 headphones with all pre-ordered handsets for absolutely nothing.
‘We are launching a revolutionary smartphone that lets consumers experience the best of Sony. To show off the “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies apps the Xperia Z will include music videos some of the freshest new talent from Sony music and as a special gift for those who pre-order we are including MDR-1R headphones that boast both performance and style,’ Catherine Cherry, UK Marketing Director.
The Xperia Z’s spec sheet reads like who’s who of bleeding-edge hardware with its 5-inch Full HD 1080p Reality Display, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU, 2GB of RAM, and that superb 13-megapixel camera complete with Exmor RS lens setup.
Yep – this is the best phone Sony has created to date and it’ll surely be one the biggest and best devices of 2013 once it’s released into the wild. The only thing potentially standing in its way is its massive asking price – £529 offline is pretty damn steep, even with a free pair of headphones.
Nonetheless, here’s what your £529 will get you:
- 5-inch 1080 x 1920 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13MP Fast Capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile, HDR video, Superior Auto and Noise Reduction to effortlessly capture razor sharp pictures and videos in any conditions
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- 1.5GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB RAM
- Battery STAMINA mode improves your standby time by at least 4 times
Check out our first-look at the thoroughly excellent Sony Xperia Z.
Sony has yet to officially announce the Xperia Z’s UK release date, but seeing that it’s now up for pre-order we can’t have too long to wait.