How to update the firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S
We show you how to update the firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S
Want to upgrade you Samsung Galaxy S to Android 2.2, the latest version of the firmware?
Take a look at the guide below to get started.
- Download and install the latest version of Kies, Samsung's sofware upgrade programme from www.samsungmobile.co.uk (compatible with PC only)
- Plug your phone into your PC using the USB cable provided
- Click on Easy Start to set your device up with the software
- Back up all of your data using Kies
- Select 'update' from the menu
- The firmware update will download and install onto your Samsung Galaxy S
Please ensure you keep the device plugged in at all times, until prompted that the update has been successful and your Galaxy S has restarted.