Guide: How to transfer files to and from a computer with the Samsung Galaxy Note
We show you how to transfer photos, music and video between your Galaxy Note and a computer
Although smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy Note effectively play the role of pocketable PCs, there are times when you need to pair a computer and a smartphone to achieve perfect harmony.
In this guide, we show you how to use your smartphone as an expensive mass storage device, allowing you to move photos, music and video (and any other media you might have) between your phone and PC on the Galaxy Note.
Transferring data between PC and smartphone
- Ensure that your phone's memory card is inserted.
- Connect your device to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable which should be provided with the phone. If your phone is not being recognized by the computer or your phone does not show connection notification, you may need to update your computer's USB drivers.
- Go to the ‘Notifications’ panel by pressing the notifications bar at the top of the screen and dragging it down in one motion.
- Press the ‘USB Connection’ notification.
- Select ‘USB Mass Storage’ from the checkbox list. The Computer will recognise the handset as an external drive.
- Use your computer’s interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a regular external drive.
- When you are finished, go to ‘Notifications’ on the phone and press ‘Turn Off USB Storage’, then disconnect the data cable from the device.