Guide: How to setup Wi-Fi on the Samsung Galaxy Note
We take a look at how to setup Wi-Fi on your Samsung Galaxy Note
The Samsung Galaxy Note is a bit of a handful, what with a 5.3-inch display and a stylus to write on-screen notes. But it is also great for watching films, taking photos and playing games.
Here we show you how to setup Wi-Fi so you can be using your home or work wireless connection for downloads.
Setting up Wi-Fi
- Ensure that your phone's memory card is inserted.
- Connect your device to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable which should be provided with the phone. If your phone is not being recognized by the computer or your phone does not show connection notification, you may need to update your computer's USB drivers.
- Go to the ‘Notifications’ panel by pressing the notifications bar at the top of the screen and dragging it down in one motion.
- Press the ‘USB Connection’ notification.
- Select ‘USB Mass Storage’ from the checkbox list. The Computer will recognise the handset as an external drive.
- Use your computer’s interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a regular external drive.
- When you are finished, go to ‘Notifications’ on the phone and press ‘Turn Off USB Storage’, then disconnect the data cable from the device.