User Guide: How to use Wi-Fi with your Samsung Galaxy Ace
This guide shows you how to connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace to nearby wireless networks
From time to time you may want to connect to a Wi-Fi connection as this can enable you to get a better data connection if you're in an area with poor 3G connectivity. It's also a good idea if you're on a tariff without a free data plan.
- From the homescreen open the App Drawer.
- Tap the ‘Settings' icon.
- Tap ‘Wireless and networks'.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi settings'.
- Tick the ‘Wi-Fi' checkbox. Your handset should now automatically search for nearby networks.
- Select your desired network from the list.
- If the network is unsecured you should connect automatically. However, bear in mind some unsecured networks still have a different type of security layer in place. Usually this will mean you would need to enter a login username and password in the phone's web browser before you can carry out network and web tasks.
- If the network is secured you'll be prompted to enter a password before you can connect.
If login details are required your network administrator should be able to provide them.
Some networks may not appear on the device list if they are hidden.
- To add a hidden network or to add a network manually tap ‘Add Wi-Fi network' in the ‘Wi-Fi settings' menu.
- Enter the network name.
- Select the security type. Ask your network administrator if you're unsure.
- If required, enter a password.
- Tap save. Your phone should now connect to the network.