Setting up speed dial on the Samsung G600
Call your eight favourite people at the touch of a button. The Samsung G600's Speed dial function is quick and easy to set up
Speed dialling on the Samsung G600 couldn't be easier. You can assign the numbers 2-9 to your contacts so that rather than searching for them in the contacts list, you just hold down the assigned number on the keypad and the G600 will start the call within half a second.
To assign a number to a contact, from standby mode:
- Click Menu
- Highlight Phonebook and click Select (Figure 1)
- Highlight Speed dial and click Select or press 5 (Figure 2)
- On the Speed dial grid, use the nav keys to highlight the keypad number you want to assign to a contact (see Figure 3), and click the centre selection key.
- Your contacts list will open. Highlight the contact you want to assign the speed dial number to and click the centre selection key (Figure 4).
- You'll see the message saved and you'll be returned to the Speed dial grid screen. Your contact's name will now be alongside their assigned speed dial in the relevant box (Figure 5).
- Click the red End call key once to return to standby mode. Now when you hold down the assigned number, your call will begin.
Editing speed dials
To change a speed dial number, go back to the Speed dial grid (Menu, Phonebook, Speed dial) and highlight the number square you want to edit.
Click Options and select Change or press 2. When the pop-up menu appears, press 1 for Phonebook. You'll be taken to your contacts list.
Again, highlight the contact you want to assign the speed dial number to and click the centre nav key, and click the red End call key once to return to standby mode.