Secure your N73 by setting a password
Protect the precious data on your Nokia N73 mobile phone from prying fingers by setting up a password and locking the phone automatically
If you use your Nokia N73 to store information like contacts, your diary and photographs then you might be unhappy at the thought of other people getting access to that information. If so, why not set up a security code so that anyone trying to access your phone will need to code to get into it.
- Press the Nokia Menu key to the left of the 1 and 2 keys then choose Tools.
- In the Tools screen click on Settings
- In the Settings screen click on Security
- In the Security screen click on Phone and SIM
- Scroll down and select Lock Code
- Now type ‘12345’ and then choose OK with the left Selection key. ‘12345’ is the default lock code for the Nokia N73
- Next type your new lock code then choose OK with the left Selection key. Your lock code can only include the numbers 0 to 9. You will be asked to enter it again. Do this then choose OK with the left Selection key again. You will see a message that says ‘Lock code changed’
- Next click on Autolock period. You can set your phone to lock itself automatically after a period of inactivity. To do this click on User defined with the scroll key. Now enter the number of minutes after which you want the phone to automatically lock itself and choose OK with the left Selection key
- You will have to enter the lock code you set up and then choose OK, and finally you get the message ‘Code accepted’. Now after the period of time you set the Nokia N73 will lock itself and a screensaver will appear to show that it is locked
Unlock the phone
To unlock the phone ready for use select Unlock with the left Selection key then type the lock code and choose OK with the left Selection key. The message ‘Code accepted’ will appear and you will be able to use the phone.
If you decide you want to disable the autolock the go back to the Security Settings screen (see above), scroll to where it says Autolock period then click with the Scroll key and click. Choose None. You will need to enter the lock code and choose OK with the left Selection key. The message ‘Code accepted’ will appear and the Autolock period will be reset to ‘None’.