Guide: How to link and unlink contacts on your Nokia Lumia 800
We show you how to link and unlink duplicate contacts in your address book on the Nokia Lumia 800
If you get lumbered with multiple duplicates of the same contact with different information, say the same person twice but one contact card with their email address and another with their phone number, you can merge these contacts together.
How to link a contact
- From the homescreen, tap the 'People' tile.
- You should be on the ‘All’ section. If not, swipe across until you find it.
- Select the contact you want as the main contact for that person.
- Press the link icon – it resembles a chain.
- Select a contact you wish to link from the list of suggested contacts. If the contact you want isn’t there tap ‘Choose a Contact’ then manually select someone from the address book.
How to unlink a contact
- In the ‘People’ hub select the main contact for the person you want to unlink.
- Press the unlink button – it will be a chain icon with a number above it, representing the number of other contacts linked to it.
- Select the contact you wish to unlink from the list.