Guide: How to create and manage contact groups on your Nokia Lumia 800
We show you how to create and manage contact groups in Windows Phone 7's People hub on the Nokia Lumia 800
Creating contact groups allows you to send a message to several people at the same time. You can, for example, assign the members of your family to one group and reach them all with a single text message, Tweet or Facebook update.
How to add a new contact group
- From the homescreen, tap the 'People' tile.
- You should be on the ‘All’ section. If not, swipe across until you find it.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in a name for the new group, such as ‘Family’ or ‘Work Friends’.
- Tap ‘Add a Contact’.
- Scroll through your contacts and tap the contact you wish to add.
- Repeat stages 5-6 until you have filled the group with all the contacts you want to include.
- Tap the save button at the bottom - it looks like a computer disk.
How to edit a contact group
- From the ‘People’ hub tap the group you wish to edit.
- Press the edit button at the bottom – it looks like a pencil.
- From here you can rename the group, add more contacts, remove contacts and edit the preferred contact information for a contact within the group.
Remember to save any changes you make as you go along.
How to delete a contact group
- From the ‘People’ hub tap the group you wish to delete.
- Tap the ellipsis icon (the three dots in a row ‘…’) at the bottom of the screen.
- Press ‘Delete’.
- The phone will request confirmation. Press ‘Delete’ again.