Guide: How to set a lock screen password on your Nokia Lumia 800
We take you through the steps necessary to set up a secure lock-screen password on your Nokia Lumia 800
Security is important on any smartphone and having a password can mean the difference between keeping all your data and information private and having it completely compromised. It's worth having a lock password in case your handset is lost or stolen.
In this quick tutorial we'll show you how to set up a password on your Nokia Lumia 800.
- From the main menu either swipe right-to-left on the touchscreen or press the right arrow button on the top right of the interface.
- Scroll through the icons until you get to the ‘Settings’ menu. Then, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Select ‘Lock + Wallpaper’
- Flick the ‘Password’ setting toggle to the right to switch password mode on. The status should read ‘On’ and the toggle will fill with colour.
- Tap ‘Change Password’ button.
- Enter a password. You will need to enter it twice and it only works with numbers. If you already have a password you will need to enter it first.
- Press ‘Done’.
Back in the ‘Lock + Wallpaper’ screen there is a setting beneath the ‘Change Password’ box which says ‘Require a password after.’ You can select from a drop-down list how often the phone will require you to enter your password.