Guide: How to transfer files to and from a computer with the Motorola Razr
In this tutorial we show you how to transfer data files, such as photos, music and video between your Motorola Razr and a computer
If you want to move data such as pictures, photos, music or videos between your Motorola Razr and a desktop or laptop PC follow these steps:
- Ensure that your phone's memory card is inserted.
- Connect your device to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable which should be provided with the phone. If your phone is not being recognized by the computer or your phone does not show connection notification, you may need to update your computer's USB drivers.
- Go to the ‘Notifications’ panel by pressing the notifications bar at the top of the screen and dragging it down in one motion.
- Press the ‘USB Connection’ notification.
- Select ‘USB Mass Storage’ from the checkbox list. The Computer will recognise the handset as an external drive.
- Use your computer’s interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a regular external drive.
- When you are finished, go to ‘Notifications’ on the phone and press ‘Turn Off USB Storage’, then disconnect the data cable from the device.