How to use the Motorola Milestone as mobile broadband
We show you how to hook your Motorola Milestone up to your PC for tethered browsing
As long as you have an unlimited data plan, you won't have to pay a penny extra, although do bear in mind that most unlimited data bundles still have a fair usage policy.
To use your Milestone as a mobile broadband dongle, you will need:
- Tap the upward pointing arrow on the Milestone's home screen to get to the app menu
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap Applications
- Tap Development
- Check the box for USB debugging
Install the PDANet software on both your PC and Milestone -- when installed on the desktop, it should automatically install the USB driver for you but if it doesn’t, you will have to use the driver you downloaded above.
- Connect your Milestone to your PC via USB, then launch PDANet on your device
- Click on "Turn PdaNet On" on the Milestone
- Right-click the PDANet icon in the taskbar on your PC, then click Connect
The Milestone is now tethered and can be used for high speed wireless internet access on your PC.
Adapted from an article on our sister site, Know Your Cell