Guide: How to transfer files between your HTC Wildfire and a computer
This guide will show you how to access your phone's storage by using a computer
You can use your phone with a computer to move stored music, video, pictures and other file types between the two devices.
This is useful if you want to use an mp3 from your computer as a ringtone, use an image as a homescreen background or move pictures captured on the phone's camera to your computer, to name but a few examples.
Follow these steps to access your phone's storage via your computer:
- Connect your Wildfire handset to your computer's USB port via the cable provided with the phone.
- On the handset screen you'll be prompted to choose from ‘Charge only', ‘Disk drive' and ‘Mobile network sharing'. Tap ‘Disk drive', then tap ‘Done'. Your computer will now recongise your phone as a removable disk, just as if you had connected a USB stick to it.
- Using your computer's interface, navigate to the removable disk and open it.
- You can now move files between your computer and the phone's storage card.
- When you've finished transferring files unmount the removable disk via your computer's interface. You can now disconnect the phone from the computer.