How to hard reset your Nexus 4
We explain how to hard, or factory reset your Nexus 4 by LG if something goes wrong
The Nexus 4 is one of the hottest devices around right now, in fact it's so hot that you'll have to wait a fair few weeks before you can even get your mitts on one as the first batch sold out in a matter of hours!
If you were one of the lucky few to snap one up in the first wave, you'll probably be well acquainted with all of its functions and just how powerful this device is. Hopefully, you won't have had any problems with it, but if your device has developed a problem and you haven't been able to sort it out, you'll want to try a hard reset.
This will wipe all data from your phone, so if you don't back up regularly, you'll lose everything, but it may be the only way to get your device back, so it's well worth a go and here's how you do it.
- If the device is on, switch it off
- Once the device is off, simultaneously press and hold the POWER key and the VOLUME DOWN key
- You'll feel the phone vibrate - when it does, repeatedly press the BACK key and the HOME key together
- A green Android will now appear on the screen (if it doesn't, switch it off again and repeat the steps above until you get the green Android)
- Your device should now launch into a reset
- The reset will take a couple of minutes and then your device will reboot
- Once the phone switches on again, it should be box-fresh and ask you to set it up again, entering your Google account details etc.