How to sync your Nexus S with iTunes
We show you how to sync your Nexus S with iTunes
So you've got an extensive iTunes music collection and Google's brand spanking new Nexus S smartphone. Didn't think you'd be able to ever sync you device with your iTunes becuase you don't have one of Apple's iPhone products? Well – think again, because you can!
And here's how:
The first section details how to acquire a small piece of software called "iTunes Agent", that allows you to use your Nexus S with iTunes on a Windows-based computer (we are assuming that you already have iTunes installed, and have an existing library of music). Mac users can achieve the same results by installing a program called iTuneMyWalkman.
- Download and install iTunes Agent
- Once installed, the application runs in the system tray and monitors iTunes
- Plug the Nexus S into your computer's USB port and mount it (figure 1 above)
- Touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, and drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane
- Tap on USB Connected, and select Mount
- Create a folder on the mounted Nexus S called Music
The second section, below, details how to create a configuration for the Nexus S in iTunes Agent's Preferences (figure 2 for all steps below).
- Right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray
- Click Preferences
- Leave all defaults checked and click the New button
- Give the device a name (Nexus S in this case)
- Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
- Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the Nexus S
- Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the Nexus S
- Click Save and then Close
The final section explains how to add music to your Nexus S (figure 3 for all steps below).
- Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the Nexus S
- Simply drag the music you wish to synchronize from your iTunes library to your Nexus S into this playlist
- Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices
Music is now copied to your Google Nexus S and can be played using the Nexus S's Music application.