Guide: How to connect to Wi-Fi on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
In this guide we explain how to connect your Asus Transformer Prime to nearby Wi-Fi networks
If you want to get the most out of your Asus Transformer Prime you'll need to connect to the internet via wireless networks.
Follow these steps to locate and connect to Wi-Fi networks:
- Tap the clock in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the larger clock display which pops out and tap the ‘Settings’ option which appears at the bottom of the pop-out list. (Alternatively, you can tap the ‘Apps’ icon in the top right, then scroll through the app list screen to ‘Settings’, which by default resembles a cog icon inside a box. Pressing and holding this icon and dragging it onto the homescreen creates a shortcut for quick access later.)
- Tap ‘Wireless & Networks’ on the left side of the screen.
- Tick the ‘Wi-Fi’ checkbox to turn Wi-Fi on.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi Settings’. The tablet scans for available Wi-Fi networks and displays the names of those it finds. Secured networks are indicated with a Lock icon.If the tablet finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it automatically.
- Tap a network to connect to it. If it’s an unsecured or ‘open’ network (without a padlock symbol) you’ll be prompted to confirm. Press the ‘Confrim’ button to connect. If the network is secured, you’ll be prompted to enter a password.