How to use the Safari web browser on the iPad
We show you how to use Safari to browse the web on your iPad
Safari is one of the most advanced mobile browsers out there and it's easy to use on the iPad.
You can use the app to surf the web, add web clips to the Home screen for quick access to your favorite sites.
Create bookmarks on iPad and sync them with your computer.
You can view webpages in portrait or landscape orientation, and to do this rotate the iPad and the webpage rotates, automatically adjusting to fit the page.
To open a webpage do the following:
- Tap the address field (in the title bar) to bring up the onscreen keyboard
- Type the web address, then tap Go. If the address field isn’t visible, tap the status bar at the top of the screen to quickly scroll up to the address field.
- As you type, web addresses that start with those letters appear. These are bookmarked pages or recent pages you’ve opened.
- You can have up to nine pages open at a time. Some links automatically open a new page instead of replacing the current one. You can see all the pages you have open by tapping the window icon.
- Open a new page: Tap the window icon and tap New Page. Follow step one to enter the address.
- Go to another page: Tap the window icon and tap the page you want to view.
- To close a page tap the window icon and it the “x” icon.