How to use Safari on the Apple iPad
We show you how to use Safari on the Apple iPad
Safari is the default web browser on the Apple iPad.
Coupled eith the iPad's large and bright screen, it makes looking at web pages a breeze.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to use it.
- Select the Safari icon to open the app up
- Select a URL either by typing it in or select one of your bookmarks in the bookmarks bar
- Double tap to zoom into a page
- Tap a link to open it in a new page, or press and hold text to copy text to the clipboard or open in a new window
- Rotate the iPad to see full pages in landscape
- Pinch to make the page bigger
- Tap the '+' icon to add a bookmark of the page you're on or add any page as a shortcut on your homescreen
- To see your bookmarks, tap the bookmarks icon and select the one you want to go to
- Tap the pages icon at the top of the screen to see all the pages you have open - like Expose on a Mac - and then tap on one to head straight to it. Select the 'x' icon on the top left side to delete that page from your open pages
- If you come across a video embedded in a page, you can start playing it using the controls at the bottom of the screen. To make it ful screen, tap on the player and it will expand to full screen