How to set up a MobileMe account on the iPhone
MobileMe is Apple's own sync service. Here, we show you how to set up an account on your iPhone
MobileMe is a service that ensures your iPhone and computer are always in sync. It updates calendars, contacts and email over the air to all of your devices so you never have to plug your iPhone in again.
MobileMe also allows you to create galleries of your photos and locate your iPhone if it's lost or stolen. If your iPhone has been stolen, MobileMe helps you to wipe all the data from your iPhone with one click.
So, you want to set MobileMe up with your iPhone? Here's how to do it:
- First you'll need to set up a MobileMe account. Head to the MobileMe website to do this.
- Once you've set up a MobileMe account, you'll need to set it up on your iPhone. To do this, tap settings from the homescreen.
- Head to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then add account.
- Select MobileMe from the type of account.
- Enter your account information (name, username, password and account description). Tap save.
- You can then select what you'd like to sync using your MobileMe account.
- You'll need to activate the 'Find my phone' feature in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings if you want to be able to find your phone when it's lost or stolen. From here, head to Fetch New Data and ensure it's turned on.
- If you already have contacts and calendars saved on your iPhone, you can merge these with the MobileMe account - you'll be asked if you'd like to do this when you set the account up.